SFMade’s criteria for joining the Certified Local Manufacturer Program are:
- Headquartered in San Francisco and/or has a registered business license in San Francisco;
- Primarily design and manufacture a physical product (vs a digital product or a service);
- Manufacture one or more products in San Francisco;
- Have a San Francisco-based work force with the desire to grow over time;
- Have one full time employee;
- For manufacturers of consumer products: You must have one or more products for sale at a retail store or online.
Recognizing that companies who choose to manufacture locally sustain substantially higher costs as compared to other parts of the world – SFMade offers a “brand platform” to enable local manufacturers to identify and differentiate themselves, and to help consumers identify locally-made products. Our Certified Local Manufacturer Program provides certification of products that are made in San Francisco and offers local manufacturers access to a suite of tools designed to help them connect more powerfully with their customer base, including exclusive use of the trademarked SFMade logo and brand collateral; listing in the SFMade Directory and other shop local directories and search engines; and exclusive selling opportunities at SFMade hosted and other local events.
At this time there is no cost to join the Certified Local Manufacturer Program.
Please note that applications will not be reviewed between 9/20/2017 and 10/20/2017. Thank you for your patience.
It is the policy of SFMade to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as well as state and local laws concerning the engagement of persons with disabilities. SFMade will not discriminate against any client or person because of a physical or mental impairment with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of engagement, including but not limited to SFMade programs, activities and services.