- This event has passed.
How to Manufacture Locally for Apparel and Sewn Products
September 27, 2016 @ 6:00 pm| $30
If you are planning to produce apparel or sewn products, this session is for you! In an interactive and supportive environment, you’ll learn how to set-up and manage your own manufacturing operation or use contract manufacturers.
We will cover key considerations including:
• Assessing your needs and what makes the most sense for your particular business
• Information and referrals to local factories and manufacturing resources
• Acquiring facilities and where to look
• Zoning and Permitting Issues
• Obtaining financing
• Addressing legal issues and documentation requirements
• Overcoming specific roadblocks and challenges
• Making valuable connections with your local manufacturing community
Presenter: Janet Lees, Senior Director, SFMade