How to Manufacture Locally for Apparel and Sewn Products
January 18 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $10
If you are planning to produce apparel or sewn products, this session is for you!
In an interactive and supportive environment, you’ll learn how to set-up and manage your own manufacturing operation or use contract manufacturers.
We will cover key considerations including:
- Assessing your needs and what makes the most sense for your particular business
- Information and referrals to local factories and manufacturing resources
- Acquiring facilities and where to look
- Zoning and Permitting Issues
- Obtaining financing
- Addressing legal issues and documentation requirements
- Overcoming specific roadblocks and challenges
- Making valuable connections with your local manufacturing community
Presenter: Janet Lees, Co-Founder, Chief Program & Impact Officer, SFMade
Made possible by a grant from the San Francisco Office of Economic and Workforce Development.