Andytown was founded in 2014 in the Outer Sunset of San Francisco with a commitment to sourcing, roasting, and brewing the highest quality coffee possible, all while making specialty coffee accessible and enjoyable. Alongside our coffee program, our bakery is another a focal point that makes us who we are. We place a strong emphasis on using the best ingredients we can and partnering with local farms, recognizing our food program be on par with the coffee we source. We believe that specialty coffee should be inclusive and welcoming to all, and our dedication to hospitality has created a loyal following.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We have a full-time Baker position open at our beautiful downtown Cafe off of Salesforce Park. We are looking for people with experience making bread and working in a high-volume production bakery. This role has a starting hourly rate of $20.00 – $23.00 per hour, depending on experience, plus tips and benefits. Job perks include working in a beautifully designed bakery with a professional team, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
FULL-TIME BAKER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Work as an integral part of the bakery team to produce the highest quality products with accuracy and a sense of urgency.
- Take ownership of the bakery and bakery products – ensuring all items are made to Andytown QC standards and guarantee the quality of all items. If an item doesn’t meet Andytown standards for taste, structure, and visual appeal discard and remake, and communicate the QC issue to your manager.
- Complete training for bakery deliveries and share the responsibility of delivery shifts.
- Demonstrate a commitment to honing your baking skills and completing all kitchen tasks at the highest level of competency, while producing high-quality products and optimizing for high-volume production.
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness in the kitchen and storage areas.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of all Andytown products, recipes, food preparation, quality control standards, customer accommodations, and allergy information.
- Essential knowledge in bread making and production baking.
- Ability to traverse all parts of the cafe and kitchen quickly. Consistent with its obligations under the law, Andytown will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Additional requirements include the following:
- Ability to do repetitive work.
- Comfortability working in a small space close to others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to stand up to 8+ hours.
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel and reach over-head, to complete tasks.
- Ability to work Saturdays and Sundays.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Starting hourly rate of $20.00 – $23.00 per hour, depending on experience, plus tips and benefits.
- Expected hours: 32 – 40 per week
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.