Tallio’s Coffee & Tea is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious coffee. We roast on four coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers, sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also happen to be some of the most hard-working and talented in the business. Join us!
We are looking for leaders with an earnest desire to share coffee, pastries, and delightful experiences with all those in search of deliciousness! Our Cafe Leader will be responsible for the overall success of our cafe. Responsibilities include hiring, training and developing all baristas and team members for his/her respective location, ensuring all our guests at the cafe experience exceptional hospitality, and leading the cafe to be successful against our financial and operational goals.
- Build, develop, inspire, and retain an incredible team, regularly giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback and coaching your baristas to develop and be their best
- Ensure every guest at your cafe has a wonderfully hospitable experience, and continually find ways to coach your team to go above and beyond in exceeding guest expectations
- Drive strong and ever improving financial performance of your cafe, finding ways to expand the reach of your cafe and be as efficient as possible in doing it
- Collaborate with teams at Tallio’s Coffee & Tea and creatively engage your community, deepening relationships with regular guests and welcoming newcomers
- Ensure we always meet our high standards of quality and deliciousness for every drink and food item served in your cafe, through regular tasting and help from other Tallio’s teams
- Work on bar and on the floor, not only to help the team in busy moments but to stay constantly connected to the heart of our work and find ways to continually improve it
- Create and maintain a thoughtful work schedule for your team which balances individual, team and cafe needs while meeting our business goals for efficiency
- Oversee all ordering including coffee, milk, pastries, inventory, etc. ensuring that we are always able to meet the requests of our guests while never wasting anything
- Manage day-to-day financial operations of the cafe smoothly, including banking, payroll, etc.
- A strong and dedicated people leader, who both supports and challenges your people to be their absolute best. You have a record of grooming others to step up and lead
- A business leader who understands how to drive your cafe to financial success through operational excellence, creative initiatives, and building an amazing team
- Obsessed with hospitality and experiences – anticipating the needs of others, deeply empathetic, and filled with a spirit of gratitude to both guests and your own team members
- Energized by ambitious and challenging goals – you don’t just meet them but surpass them
- Never satisfied with the status quo and always looking to improve you and your team’s results and impact through looking critically at what’s in front of you and trying new things
- Able to balance both the big picture and the nitty-gritty in shaping and leading the strategy for your cafe but also driving excellent day-to-day operations at the smallest level of detail
- Articulate and effective in your written and verbal communications to people at all levels of the company – you get to the point but do it with confidence, humor and grace
- An enthusiastic collaborator who loves drawing upon and learning from the input of other Tallio’s teams, and being part of something bigger than themselves
- Flexible and creative in problem solving – you roll with the punches and have fun doing it
- 2+ years of retail/hospitality experience with a strong preference for coffee, food & beverage
- 2+ years of retail management experience leading teams
- A strong understanding of a profit and loss statement, and knowledge of how to impact it
- Comfort using computer programs, especially Google Drive tools (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
- A love and respect of delicious coffee, food and amazing guest experiences
Tallio’s Coffee & Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.