About Vide Bistro
Vibe Bistro, nestled at the Richmond BART station transportation hub, redefines the coffee shop experience with a soulful touch. As a “Second Chance Employer,” we offer a unique menu featuring grab-and-go items like soup, hoagies, and salads, catering to the fast-paced lives of commuters. Grit bowls, breakfast biscuits, and paninis add a savory twist to our offerings, served Monday through Friday from 5 am to 1 pm.
Beyond delicious food, our commitment to the community is at the core of our values. As a certified Green Business, we prioritize sustainability, carefully managing food access, quality, and waste. Proudly participating in the Restaurant Meal Program, we’re the sole restaurant in Contra Costa County accepting SNAP benefits, ensuring access to great food for everyone. Our dedication extends to our Oakland kitchen and San Francisco pop-up, making quality cuisine available to all, regardless of socio-economic status. Join us in creating a vibrant, inclusive dining experience for Richmond neighbors, tourists, and commuters alike.
An experienced cook passionate about food will prepare high-quality food under pressure. You will be skilled in using a variety of cooking techniques and equipment. You will pay attention to detail and adhere to sanitation practices. You will use your skills, knowledge, and experience to create delicious and memorable dishes. You will ensure consistent and effective communication and implementation relative to brand initiatives; verify compliance and adherence to brand service, food quality and facility appearance standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to measure dry and liquid food stuffs in units of measurement such as cup, pint, quart, pound, and ounce to properly adhere to recipe and production requirements.
- Ability to operate machinery and make general observations in regards to safety and accuracy of work using visual acuity.
- Able to communicate fluently with guests and staff and articulate dishes, instructions, etc.
- Ensure proper use of PPE.
- Maintain compliance with health and safety regulations regarding food preparation, serving, and building maintenance requirements during shifts.
- Report, investigate and help resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Support compliance with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products
- Prepares and portions food products and garnishes prior to cooking
- Maintain sanitary conditions on their station(s) and breakdown and clean-up of the station(s) at the end of the shift
- Follow all company safety guidelines to the highest level which include personal standards, food quality standards, cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene
- Wash hands before and throughout the shift, and always between prepping items
- Ensure that all food meets safety, quality, and presentation standards
- Cook all products in a timely manner and to the proper temperature
- Maintain a clean, organized, and efficient workstation (tables, walls, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, burners, ovens, ranges, and refrigeration equipment), cleaning as you go
- Exercise care with all utensils, dishes, and equipment to ensure minimum breakage
- Set up and break down the station daily
- Ensure proper prep levels are maintained for the next shift
- Openness to constructive feedback and being coached/mentored
- Openness to being cross trained in multiple restaurant positions
- Per business needs, you may be asked to perform other related duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- 3 years cooking experience
- Culinary knowledge/experience (required)
- ServSafe Certification (required)
Compensation and benefits
- Salary: $35/hour
- Schedule: From 8pm to 5am. Availability to work for some holidays and eventually for special events/catering.
- Schedule: Primarily day shifts with occasional afternoons and evenings. Availability required for some holidays and special events/catering.
- Dental and visual insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Valuable skills growth on the job and opportunities to learn new areas of the business
- Continuing education and training.
- Work Location: one main location