About the Position
We are seeking a full-time Production Manager to supervise the daily structure of our production facility and team, including daily production schedules, production team workflow and safety practices, and optimized inventory levels. This role provides crucial operational support for the production department and is responsible for ensuring appropriate production rates to meet order needs and that timely fulfillment is achieved. This role is part of the production team and acts as an integral part of company-wide operations.
This person will need to have a strong base knowledge of production management to maintain high efficiency and effectiveness. We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills and a keen understanding of effective communication.
This is not a remote position and candidates should be available for on-site work as public health guidance allows.
This position is a full-time, salary position. The salary for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $85k – $95k.
You should be highly organized, proactive, extremely detail-oriented, and be able to delegate with ease in a fast-paced environment. Regardless of the task, you will be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment and professional etiquette. You must have exceptional communication skills that allow you to interact with a diverse group of people.
- REQUIRED: Minimum 7 years of experience in a production management role, as verified by the previous employer.
- Proven knowledge of product production and order fulfillment.
- Strong understanding of managing product quality standards.
- Ability to report key production metrics and meet budget expectations.
- Knowledge and ability to follow health and safety regulations including OSHA compliance.
- Experience managing a team, including training, scheduling, workflows, and performance evaluations.
- Excellent communication skills, able to convey information clearly and effectively in person and through slack/text/email.
- Results-driven and efficiency-focused. Able to make clear decisions and implement them with the team.
- Growth-oriented, able to scale the production department with the growth of the company.
- Experience with D2C including working with shipping carriers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and schedule maintenance/repairs of production equipment and delivery vehicles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive & Sheets, and order fulfillment software.
- Responsible for procurement of all production supplies and inventory management.
- Responsible for all production deliverables.
- Work with the Director of Coffee Quality and Sourcing (DCQS) to manage on and off-site green inventory. Release coffee as needed/when DCQS is OOO.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the Roastery, including the production floor, cupping room, mail room, break room, and bathroom.
- Follow budgets set out by the CEO and Accounting Department.
- Prepare reports on sales, costs, labor, and inventory to present in regular meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure the best price points for all goods and services required to produce all products.
- Quality Control
- Work with the Lead Roaster and Director of Coffee Quality and Sourcing to make sure Andytown coffees meet quality standards.
- Follow systems that prevent contamination of products, flagging any potential hazards.
- Follow systems for product recall in case of product contamination and quality issue.
- Ensure that product packaging is assembled carefully and leaves the production floor and arrives at its destination in excellent condition.
- Customer Service
- Ensure fulfillment of high-volume of orders that meet customers’ needs in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot customer order issues, maintaining a respectful, polite, and professional demeanor.
- Timely communication with customers who need help with orders, connecting with the Customer Support Manager to meet the customer’s needs.
- Machine Maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining the preventative maintenance schedule for all production equipment, including roaster, scales, bagger, sealer, and vehicles.
- Responsible for facilitating repairs for broken equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning properly.
- Maintain parts inventory for equipment for in-house repairs and maintenance.
- Team Management
- Supervise production team (currently 5 employees), create a schedule that balances the needs of the department and is considerate of the needs of individual employees.
- Work on the production floor daily, acting as a coach to ensure tasks are completed efficiently.
- Maintain a safe workspace and train the production team to work as safely as possible, following SFPDH, OSHA, and food safety guidelines.
- Communicate staffing needs to the HR department as they arise.
- Culture and Values
- Learn, understand, and uphold Andytown Values – know how top management wants you to respond to any situation.
- Coach your team, everyone on your team understands and demonstrates company values.
- Promote a safe and welcoming workplace.
- Encourage active and open communication with your team – ask for staff input on issues they bring to you and provide clear reasons (the “why”) for decision-making.
- Facilitate career growth within Andytown for your staff – empower your team to learn new skills.
- Build good company culture at your location.
- Leadership. Be a leader and lead by example.
- Accessibility. Show up. Be on the floor at least 3 hours a day and be available to your team.
- Approachability. When you enter a space make a conscious decision to set a positive tone. Greet your staff, greet your supervisors, greet your customers.
- Stability. Use company policies and procedures to create consistency and structure.
- People Focused. Demonstrate tolerance and respect.
- Teamwork. Keep your team focused on the goal of your department – making exceptional products with a sense of urgency, delivering excellent customer service, respecting your physical workplace, and respecting each other.
- Appreciate. Acknowledge when your team and colleagues have success.
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to obtain Managers Food Safety Certification.
- Ability to obtain HACCP Certification.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours per shift.
- Comfortability working in a loud space with continual machinery noise.
- Comfortability working in a small space in close proximity to others.
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel, and reach over-head to complete tasks.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, Andytown will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Occasional travel within the Bay Area.
- Flexible work hours, may include weekends and evenings.
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.