Linea is a San Francisco-based coffee roasting company. Linea’s renowned for our sweetness forward, 100% Organic award winning coffees, exacting flavor standards, and its culture of kindness and hospitality. Linea is also a Certified B Corp. Our B Corp status is a lens that we see the world through, as it ultimately has a positive effect on how we treat employees, our customers, our community, our world, and each other.
Linea Caffe is seeking to hire a quality focused, detail oriented, hard working, team player to join our San Francisco Roasting/Production crew. This position will be responsible for roasting coffee, coordinating orders, packaging roasted coffee and preparing orders for wholesale accounts, e-commerce customers, and Linea Caffe locations. This position coordinates with our roasting and orders departments, to ensure each batch of coffee is roasted to Linea specifications and each order is filled efficiently and accurately. Strong preference given to individuals with previous coffee roasting experience.
SKILLS & BACKGROUND
- STRONGLY PREFERRED 1+ years manufacturing or production experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Understanding and fluency of the coffee roasting process.
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and
- Ability to communicate via email in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain records and documents.
- Understanding of green and roasted coffee inventory management.
- Fluency in information systems (Cropster/ Inventory Tools) and Quality Control procedures and
- Understanding of needs for daily production for a Roasting Facility (packaging, blending, receiving, shipping,
- Ability to operate a fork lift (forklift certified is a plus) • Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- At all times portray Linea Caffe and it’s products in a positive light
- Experience with Shipping/ Receiving and with e-commerce platforms
- CA Driers License— a plus
- Forklift Certified —a plus
- Typical working conditions:
- Includes long periods of standing and working on equipment.
- Warehouse-type, small office, and small food-service retail environments: busy, conversationally noisy,
tight quarters, sometimes stuffy, warm, dusty, and slippery, with ever-present coffee roasting aroma.
- Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of
50 lbs. or less
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a non-exempt Monday-Friday hourly position.
- The typical hours for this job are +24 hours per week
- Guaranteed minimum $28/hr (more based on experience)
- Eligible for sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
If you are passionate about roasting and would like to be part of the Linea team, please apply with your resume and cover letter.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Linea Caffe. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.