At Olympus, we are committed to Our Purpose of making people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling. We are passionate about the medical technologies and solutions that we bring to the world that help detect and treat disease. We are invested in great ideas that serve you and the vibrant communities around us.
The Supervisor Production is responsible for supervising endoscope technicians and their work processes to achieve production repair plans, quality and delivery targets, and documentation of production activities while improving safety, ergonomics, and processes. This position will manage and train production technicians to meet safety quality production and cost goals.
- Provide leadership to customer product repair lines by directing technicians in prioritizing activities and achieving daily output goals.
- Monitor the workflow through the repair line(s) and take necessary steps to resolve repair problems.
- Review the work environment; consult with Engineering Environmental Health and Safety and Quality about perceived problems and implement measures to assure safe working conditions.
- Assure the attainment of quality cost and production targets as measured by time schedules and work outputs.
- Identify training needs and assure repair staff is adequately trained in all areas of the repair process to support business plans and ensure employee development.
- Implement effective solutions to resolve employee performance issues.
- Deal swiftly with customer issues complaints by identifying the cause of the problem and resolving outstanding issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in years of related experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a factory production environment is required.
- Proven application of LEAN and Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Able to work well in a close team environment.
- Experience with ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems for shopfloor control.
- Time management skills allowing for working on multiple projects at once.
- Well-developed skills in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Strong mind for KPI (key performance indicator) improvement.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $81,280 – $109,728.