About the company
Founded in 1985 and located in San Jose, California, Bentek Corporation began by providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, and logistics services for the semiconductor equipment industry. We continue to specialize in the design and manufacture of electromechanical and power distribution solutions for high-tech and industrial markets.
Bentek has developed a range of capabilities, including:
- Designing, building, and testing complex, highly configurable products.
- Planning and sourcing a wide variety of materials and components.
In 2009 Bentek expanded its offerings by creating the Solar Products division. Bentek Solar provides Balance of System (BOS) equipment—combiners, recombiners, safety systems, cables, harnesses, and accessories serving the utility market nationally. Our products simplify and speed up the installation and wiring process.
About the position:
This position of Solar Account Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the business relationship with the assigned
customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Responsible for developing new business opportunities and ensuring Bentek’s
expected revenue and profit goals are achieved. The immediate supervisor of the position is the Vice President of Solar Sales and Marketing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- All aspects of account management and new business development activities for a specific territory or account base.
- Actively oversee the development of quotations for new business with the account and manage the sales cycle to achieve targeted revenue growth within the account.
- Establish account contacts at the appropriate levels.
- Interact closely with account to understand their solar business objectives, current and future product requirements and
- Provide and articulate Bentek’s technical offerings and commercial value.
- Develop, execute and monitor detailed account development strategies with performance metrics.
- Represent Bentek as technical expert with respect to the company’s product and service solutions.
- Own the customer order process including all technical and commercial details
- Develop and own customer forecast
- Secure and document information about general market requirements and Bentek’s competition
- Maintain all account information, quotations, opportunities, and status in SalesForce.com
- Provide updates and reports to VP of Solar Sales and Marketing as required
- Monitor customer satisfaction, initiate corrective action, and communicate status for any issues that arise
- Work effectively with internal teams to develop customer solutions and meet customer needs.
- *The above duties may be supplemented occasionally with other job duties and/or assignments related to career or personal
- 5+ Sales experience, selling experience in the solar industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent), advanced degree a plus
- Technical understanding of solar PV design and basic process skills
- Managerial skills – planning, organizing, troubleshooting and controlling
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under various conditions and constraints
- Ability to manage effectively in fast pace atmosphere
- Proven sales accomplishments including key account development and penetration
- Proven track record of Consultative Selling and winning business at the C, V and D- levels
- Customer focused self-starter with entrepreneurial skills and the ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SalesForce.com
- Excellent oral/written/presentation communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
If you are eager to contribute your expertise to our team, please submit your resume and cover letter. Bentek offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with professional growth and development opportunities. Join us in maintaining excellence in our manufacturing operations!