At Far West Cider, we have been crafting ciders for four generations on a family farm in San Joaquin County, California. All our apples, and occasionally other fruits like cherries, pluots, and citrus, are harvested and pressed into juice on our century-old ranch. The juice undergoes careful attention during fermentation, cellaring, and bottling at our cidery on the waterfront in the city of Richmond. Our products can be found in some of the Bay Area’s finest bars, restaurants, and retailers, spanning from Santa Cruz to Napa County.
The Tasting Representative will operate one of our Saturday/Sunday Bay Area Farmers Markets. As a local ambassador and cider guide, you will represent Far West Cider to a food-focused audience eager to learn (and taste!) what real CA-Grown cider is and can be. This is a part-time role, approximately 8 to 16 hours per week, with room for advancement within our small but growing company.
- Show up on time to scheduled markets, handling all loading, setup, and takedown procedures independently.
- Sample ciders (when applicable) to market-goers and spread the good word about our farm-based fermented beverages.
- Represent The Far West Cider Company with a positive attitude, enthusiasm about our products, and excellent customer service focused on education.
- Conduct education and sales across our line of beverages, utilizing your in-depth product knowledge and charming personality.
- Pick up and drop off all products and supplies from our Richmond warehouse. We provide a company car for your use.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, market managers, and other vendors at the market.
- Use our Square point-of-sale terminal to complete and report all transactions.
- Continually aim to improve our market presence and reach new sales goals.
- Develop 1:1 wholesale customers as opportunities allow.
- Must be at least 21 years of age due to alcohol sampling requirements.
- Previous experience working in food and beverage, specifically alcohol service, is a major plus.
- Minimum 6-month commitment; we will provide training.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs over short distances.
- Positive attitude with enthusiasm for craft beverages, Farmer’s Markets, and chill vibes.
- Incredible sense of responsibility, tenaciousness, and stick-to-it-iveness.
Compensation + Benefits
- $21/hour + sales bonuses (sales bonuses regularly get you to $24/hour, $27+ within reach on strong days).
- Generous take-home and food trade policy with other vendors (seriously – your grocery bill will plummet, and you’ll be eating 2x healthier).
- Opportunity to grow within our company as new opportunities arise.
To apply, please add a brief cover letter and your resume to