Advanced Prototype Engineering (APROE) is a San Francisco-based company specializing in prototyping new designs and the planning and set up of high-end machine shops, as well as supplying quick-turn waterjet parts to Bay Area R&D companies. We offer a casual work environment in a great section of the Design District, a full machine shop, and have relationships with prominent Bay Area tech and design firms.
The ideal candidate is a mechanically inclined individual with hands-on experience working with shop equipment, automotive systems, or another comparable category. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proficiency with operating computers, email, and basic spreadsheet data entry is a must. This position will be client-facing and will require a cordial and professional demeanor.
APROE seeks candidates who are upbeat and communicative, drama-averse, self-starting, self-directing, and eager to learn. The Waterjet Operator will report to the Company President. This is a full-time, hourly position starting at $24/hour. APROE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Startup machine and conduct daily system and maintenance checks
- Monitor email and conduct telephone calls with new and existing clients for waterjet projects
- Coordinate with clients to schedule material drop off and parts pick up
- Work inside of APROE’s project tracking system for external projects and APROE internal projects
- Develop daily project schedule based on delivery deadlines and client requirements
- Work with company President and various software systems to generate project quotes for incoming projects
- Coordinate with company President to identify and plan to meet production deadlines
- Order and stock materials for new projects and company inventory
- Receive and store new materials in material racks using a forklift and overhead crane
- Palletize and pack finished parts to prepare them for client pick up
- Conduct machine maintenance and repairs
- Maintain a clean and highly organized work space
- Assist mechanical team with assembly and testing support during slow times
- Assist with shop maintenance, organizational, and facility improvement tasks
- Highschool Diploma
- Extremely punctual and organized
- Proficient in Windows Operating Systems, Gmail, Spreadsheets, and generally computer savvy
- Strong command of English language, both written and verbal
- Basic familiarity working with and maintaining machines (automotive work, or other machinery- based hands-on experience)
- Forklift experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pick up 50 pounds
- Attach your resume and include a short cover letter.
- Due to the expected volume of applicants, not all submissions will receive a reply.