About the Company
10th Street Distillery is a grain-to-glass distillery making amazing whisky right here in San Jose. We take a lot of pride and put a lot of care and effort into crafting our single malt whiskies. Our whiskies have won over twelve gold and higher awards in national competitions
Do you enjoy telling stories that connect with people? We are looking for eloquent, enthusiastic and friendly individuals to tell the world more about our range of whiskies. You will lead virtual events, in-store tastings, dry demos, trade shows and promotions to engage consumers with our whisky.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Run customer whisky tastings and events at the distillery tasting room.
- Visit retail stores to train staff on our products.
- Create engagement opportunities for consumers through in store tastings, dry demos and events.
- Promote engagement opportunities through word of mouth.
- Activate consumer promotions (where legal) in bars/restaurants.
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with consumers.
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
- Drive consumer and trade events to generate brand awareness, engagement and trial.
- Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (evenings/weekends).
- Demonstrated skills in establishing rapport with customers and partners.
- Must be results oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- This person has a creative mind and knows how to connect our brands with an influential consumer audience.
- Daily internet/email access and/or smartphone required.
- Ready to stand and demonstrate for up to 2-4 hour shifts.
- An excellent communicator and enjoys working with public.
- As the face of our brand, you must be high-energy, professional, articulate and dependable.
- 21+ years old.
- Previous experience as server, bartender or have worked with alcohol
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery
- Digital Savvy : understands the importance of social media and is able to leverage within the on-premise universe and has a large social network
Why this is a Great Opportunity
Come and be a part of the booming craft spirits movement, as we open a new chapter in American Single Malts. By being a part of the 10th Street Distillery team, you will join the changing landscape of the spirits industry, learn from our subject matter experts, and work directly with the founders. There is a possibility of this role growing into a full time marketing/sales role over time. This is an opportunity to come in early and grow with our company.
Benefits, Compensation and Schedule
- Part-time position
- Compensation: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- This is an opportunity to come in early and grow with our company
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Weekends only
- The work location is our San Jose distillery.