Bryr Studio Website
Bryr Studio is a collection of hand-made clogs inspired by the West Coast lifestyle. Founded in 2012 and based in the Dogpatch district of San Francisco, every pair of Bryr clogs are hand-made in our factory. Dedicated to the simple idea that the best products are made with the best materials, Bryr clogs are constructed using the strongest, most supple American leathers and traditional European solid wood bases.
The name Bryr (pronounced B·rye·r, like the old English word for a thorny thicket) means to care in Swedish. We believe whole-heartedly in the intrinsic value of well-made things. With a nod towards 70's California design and a closet full of vintage clogs, we hope to bring a modern eye to classic craftsmanship.
We're a team of nine kick-ass folks making clogs five days a week. Our retail space and production studio are all under one roof and we wouldn't have it any other way. The process of making each pair of clogs takes about a week, and every pair is touched by just about every person in the studio! On most days, we have the music playing, the pneumatic cutting machine going, and we are all happily making.
As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
- Position is Entry-level,
Paid Training Program
Bryr provides a paid training program for candidates who join the team without prior clog-making experience. This training includes but is not limited to; clog lasting, stapling, cutting, preps, materials education, and basic understanding of LEAN practices. In the past, most trainees move from trainee to teammate positions in about 6-8 months, though timing can vary based on the individual. Only those that satisfactorily complete training will be promoted.
While being trained, trainee will be working on the manufacturing floor gaining practice and skill.
The Team: Manufacturing & Delivery team
Our Manufacturing & Delivery team is the backbone of our company, and we are looking to add individuals to our growing team who have an attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, and interest in working in product manufacturing. The Manufacturing team is responsible for delivering the highest quality products to our customers in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
The position: Manufacturing Teammate-in-Training
The Bryr Manufacturing Trainee is a team player who loves to work with their hands in a job that is predominately physical. As a trainee, you will come into the position with a passion and proven skill for making beautiful products, however there is no requirement for technical experience in clog making. We are excited to teach you our processes and train you on how we make the best clogs in the world!
This job is meant for you if you’re a focused, efficient and detail-oriented person, who loves to make beautiful products in a collaborative way. This is meant for you if you love refining your craft through repetition and continuous improvement. Our Manufacturing trainees thrive in team-oriented places and love contributing to the success of the company.
We are seeking team players, those that understand collaboration, are self aware, seek and appreciate feedback, have a strong desire to grow, and that prioritize quality, safety, and efficiency.
As a Manufacturing Trainee, you will learn how to make and deliver the highest quality products in our paid technical training program. In the past, most trainees move from trainee to teammate positions in about 6-8 months, though timing can vary based on the individual. Only those that satisfactorily complete training will be promoted.
As a manufacturing teammate-in-training you will be responsible for learning all our manufacturing techniques, including stapling, lasting, cutting, prep and finishing, and learning the basics of our materials and manufacturing flow, and get to an on-track or above level.
You are part of a great team, and an important part of your job is collaborating with the whole team to meet your team's goals productively. As part of a member of the Bryr team, you will be expected to work collaboratively, safely, efficiently and conscientiously with your teammates, our customers, vendors and community.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making beautiful products, loves finding innovative solutions and want to help to evolve the way we do things to make our products better and better, supports their coworkers, and is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about their own growth and the growth of our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Through our in-house training program, learn all of our manufacturing processes safely, efficiently and to our high standards, including but not limited to cutting,
stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Once complete with training, execute our manufacturing processes, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing to on-track level.
- Learn any new processes that we add to our production system, and give input to the continued evolution of our processes.
- Learn and execute our quality control of our production, including following our 360-bounce-back quality control process to ensure the best possible quality of our
- Contribute to keeping the production space and communal spaces clean, organized and safe for everyone to use.
- Contribute suggestions in how to make our processes and products evolve and improve over time.
- Assists with inventory intake: inspecting, receiving and recording materials, notifying production teammates when there are any issues or it’s time to reorder materials
- Contributes to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in
others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- As needed, works at Bryr seasonal events
- Assists with other projects as they arise
Physical Demands: This position is a manual job and involves physical labor, including but not limited to:
- Standing (approx 5-6 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Be committed to your professional growth
- Be excited to learn new things and willing to get feedback
- Strong making skills and commitment to quality
- Be a team player
- Have a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
- No computer skills required
1-2 years of experience in making and/or manufacturing
$23 per hour
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process: - A transparent path to growth within the company, including pay grid range. - Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay. - Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage. - Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium. - Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to 120 hours on 2nd anniversary. - Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate. - 10 company holidays, including one floating holiday. - Commuter benefits. - Clog allowance and Friends & Family discount
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:00am–4:30pm
Other Application Requirements