Ritual Coffee Website
ABOUT US: RITUAL IS CHANGING THE WAY PEOPLE KNOW COFFEE.
In 2005, when corporate coffee dominated American culture, Ritual unknowingly started a fun and exciting revolution that would ultimately help launch the new coffee movement.
We buy 90+% of our beans from producer partners that we have relationships with, setting the highest standard
in the industry. This makes sure we get our hands on the best beans in the world, but more importantly, makes sure our farmers maintain the quality of life they deserve. Now a bona fide San Francisco original, we’ve also earned our iconic status as one of the best coffee roasting companies in the world. The mission of Ritual Coffee is simple: to make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. Ritual roasts in SoMa, and has cafes in San Francisco and Napa.
DIVERSITY AT RITUAL: COFFEE IS FOR EVERYONE
We are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive spaces on both sides of the counter and behind the scenes at Ritual. We best achieve our mission (making people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had) when our staff reflects the broad diversity of people who love coffee. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, experience, and perspective is part of what makes Ritual the innovative place that it is.
The Ritual Coffee Administrative Coordinator is the organized, detail-oriented, and professional administrative expert that ensures our Wholesale Partners are supported and their orders processed efficiently and accurately. We are looking for that special someone who is passionate about helping us scale our business to the next level through improved service, systems, and cultural development.
As our Administrative Coordinator, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be committed to your own growth and the growth and success of the Wholesale team, your co-workers across departments, and the company as a whole.
You are meant for this role if you are excited by detailed administrative work and have high standards for accuracy and efficiency. We’re looking for someone who knows how to deliver great customer service and is a self-starter with a strong interest in - and appreciation for - coffee, people, and systems. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Contribute to the overall culture and business growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company
- Contribute to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- Help E-Commerce and Wholesale Logistics Manager to maintain accurate pricing, item descriptions, and customer information in QuickBooks, adding new customers and products as needed
- Maintain and update customer files, including name or address changes
- Be proactive to anticipate needs, prevent problems, and institute changes to maintain smooth ordering for our customers
- Act as the secondary point of contact for wholesale accounts and receive and process all wholesale accounts orders
- Communicate with inactive customers or customers that show decreased sales to identify areas of opportunity to increase business
- Manage relationship with shipping carriers and periodically review shipping strategy
- On-board and maintain relationships with third party vendors: Trade, Go Coffee Go
- Manage Wholesale Accounts Receivable
- Monitor when and how wholesale customers pay for goods and services, send statements on a regular basis, and follow up with - accounts so they stay in good financial standing
- Process and deposit checks received at the Roastery via a remote deposit capture system and record these payments into QuickBooks twice weekly
- Bill and process credit card payments from accounts weekly
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and transactions related to wholesale accounts receivable
- Ensure that all transactions are booked accurately and in a timely manner so that the Bookkeeper can reconcile accounts each month
- Assist Administrative Manager with mail, data entry, and general office management duties
- Minimum 2 years experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software
- Proficiency across core technologies including Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for customer service
- An approachable people-person with a high level of emotional intelligence, patience, compassion and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Infectious love of coffee a plus
- Experience with e-commerce platforms WooCommerce and Shopify a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (Required)
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and consistent attendance and the ability to sit and work with hands and arms for at least eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week.
- Physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, crawl, push and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stand and move throughout the cafe/ office.
- Must be able to interact with customers through email and on the phone
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Have consistent and reliable onsite attendance at the office.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English;
- Interpret and follow a variety of instructions and procedures furnished in English - written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and other deadlines consistently.
- Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
- Communicate effectively and promptly to clients, vendors, and employees of the organization.
- High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Auditory and visual skills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
- Occasional Travel may be required.
- Continuous physical activity including walking, standing, twisting, sitting, bending, lifting, reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling, wiping, climbing, pushing and pulling items weighing 50 pounds for distances of up to 20 ft.;
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical work and withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more;
- Understand and respond to staff and customer requests in a loud environment
Starting hourly rate is $25-$28/ hour.
Ritual Coffee strongly believes in investing in our people and our culture. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Please upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great Administrative Coordinator. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.