MMclay is a San Francisco based ceramic studio run by artist and designer, MaryMar Keenan. We produce handmade dinnerware and ceramic tabletop pieces for some of the best restaurants in the country, a growing number of interior designers, and tables all over the world.
We are looking for a part-time Sales Associate and Keyholder who will be passionate about forming relationships with our customers, excited about telling the MMclay story, and ready to bring life to a very unique retail space in Hayes Valley.
- Assist clients in finding the perfect pieces, as well as, develop and maintain organic relationships with visitors to the Airstream
- Understanding and communicating MMclays’ aesthetic, mission, and events to clients through product knowledge, and storytelling.
- Develop an understanding of the MMclay product lines, and the characteristics unique to each piece
- Aid in creating and sustaining a warm / inviting environment
- Ensure that the Airstream is clean, organized, and stocked / merchandised properly at all times
- Opening and closing the Airstream
- Replenishing stock, and participating in inventory cycle counts
- Ability to easily lift 35-50 lbs or more
- Comfortable with repetitive reaching, lifting, bending, kneeling, and stooping
- Personable and emotionally intelligent, with both excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize competing projects and tasks
- Experience with POS systems (Shopify), and very comfortable with technology
- A keen eye for the details
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Prior experience working with craft or ceramics not necessary, but valued
- Be street smart, and exhibit grace when under pressure
DOE, but starts at $20/hr + commission
Other Application Requirements