MMclay is a San Francisco based studio run by ceramic artist and designer, MaryMar Keenan. We produce handmade dinnerware and ceramic tabletop pieces for some of the best restaurants in the country, a growing number of interior designers, and tables all over the world. Please check out www.mmclay.com for more info.
MMclay is seeking a part-time Sales Associate and Keyholder who will be passionate about forming relationships with our customers, excited about telling the MMclay story, and ready to work in a very unique retail space in Hayes Valley.
- Assist clients in finding the perfect pieces, as well as, develop and maintain organic relationships with visitors to the Airstream
- Understanding and communicating MMclays’ aesthetic, mission, and events to clients through product knowledge, and storytelling.
- Develop an understanding of the MMclay product lines, and the characteristics unique to each piece
- Aid in creating and sustaining a warm / inviting environment
- Ensure that the Airstream is clean, organized, and stocked / merchandised properly at all times
- Opening and closing the Airstream
- Replenishing stock, and participating in inventory cycle counts
- Personable and emotionally intelligent, with both excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize competing projects and tasks
- Experience with POS systems (Shopify), and very comfortable with technology
- A keen eye for the details
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Prior experience working with craft or ceramics not necessary, but valued
- Be street smart, and exhibit grace when under pressure
- Ability to easily lift 35-50 lbs or more
- Comfortable with repetitive reaching, lifting, bending, kneeling, and stooping
$20/hour to start with percentage commission of sales
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.