Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
ABOUT THE JOB
As an AP Specialist, you will primarily be engaged in Accounts Payable data entry, auditing and reporting. You will work directly with the Financial Controller. You will work between our three locations within San Francisco handling vendor invoices, scanning, and entering into our A/P system, Bill.com. You will also work with the Controller to ensure timely payments to vendors and budget accordingly to maintain accurate cash-flow forecasts. As time goes on, your scope of work will increase to include other clerical duties, as needed. We welcome both entry-level applicants as well as those with Accounts Payable and/or bookkeeping experience. A working knowledge of Bill.com, Google Suite, including Sheets (and/or Excel), and QBO is a bonus but not a requirement as you can learn on the job. Experience with Data Entry and Accounts Payable is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collect, review, and enter vendor invoices into Bill.com, including communicating and coordinating with vendors, staff, and management to collect all invoices
- Schedule and manage vendor payments through Bill.com
- Maintaining excellent relationships and communication with vendor A/R partners
- Reconciling vendor statements with A/P records, including Bill.com and QBO
- Maintain vendor accounts with Bill.com, including setup of new accounts in coordination with buyers and vendors
- Data entry to reporting, including weekly/monthly transaction reports and company financial flash reports
- Coordinating with department heads in auditing weekly/monthly transaction reports
- Assist in audit of margin, COGs, and sales numbers weekly/monthly
- Assist in maintaining budget and cash flow projections
- Assist with other clerical work, as needed
- Assist Controller with other misc. work, as needed
- HR related - limited document handling
- Revel POS system - including Sales and Inventory reports
- Computer literacy is a requirement, Mac preferred
- Experience with Bill.com, Google Suite including Sheets (and/or Excel), and QBO is a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
*Offices within retail grocery stores, with option to work partial from home once proven proficient
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Data Entry work is preferred
- A/P experience is preferred
- B.A. or equivalent degree from an accredited university or college preferred, but not required
$22-30/hour (with the opportunity for salary)
●Medical insurance, with employer contribution of up to 100% ●Dental insurance, with 70% employer contribution ●Vision insurance, with 50% employer contribution ●Paid sick leave ●Paid vacation - up to 2 weeks per year ●Paid volunteer days Pre-tax 401k savings account ●Storewide employee discount of 20% ●Daily staff meal ●Pre-tax commuter benefits savings account ●Regular review & raise cycles ●Professional development and mentorship program
Other Application Requirements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.