Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. Our business is built upon trust and partnership, and now we’re looking for a Seasonal Fulfillment Assistant to support the operations team during the busiest time of the year by accepting incoming deliveries, overseeing product shipped and received, organizing inventory, and ensuring all orders are filled accurately.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
You are fascinated by all things chocolate, and feel great satisfaction working hard and fast towards measurable goals. In the dynamic, supportive, and loving team environment, you eagerly offer a hand when needed and help brainstorm potential solutions for an issue that has everyone stumped. The team knows they can always rely on you and your high attention to detail, recognizing that your own high personal standards for the quality of your work matches perfectly with their own. You are self-motivated and feel great satisfaction with a spotless workspace where every item is in its place. You understand the safety standards that must be followed in a factory setting, easily maneuvering around running machines, communicating your location in a tight space, and knowing when to ask for help when you aren’t sure how to proceed. When you meet new information, you follow up with clarifying questions until you are confident that you could teach the same topic backwards and forwards to the next curious chocolate enthusiast. You easily adapt to the changing daily tides of a production-based company. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, good-humored, and likes to get their hands dirty.
- Production: Learning and performing all steps of chocolate production: inspecting beans, roasting, cracking, winnowing, starting batches, tempering, and foiling bars
- Quality: Tasting and evaluating chocolate bars for flavor and quality. Holding high quality standards, monitoring each batch of beans and every bar that is produced to make sure it holds up to those standards. You have a keen attention to detail and adhere to quality standards even when it’s not convenient.
- Safety: Adhering to strict safety standards and following proper machinery, food safety, and quality procedures. Ask questions and comply with company policies and service procedures. We work with heavy machinery each day and our team members depend upon each other to maintain strict safety standards.
- Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining our production facility, including machines.
- Goals: Being a producing member of the production team, which produces over 14,000 bars each month.
- Team work: You have a positive attitude. People want to work with you again (and again and again).
- Other tasks as necessary
- Weekend availability.
- A passion for chocolate! And the motivation to learn more about our product and process.
- Ability to absorb new information in a fast-paced environment and to complete tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Previous kitchen experience is a huge plus - especially the habits of washing hands, labeling and dating finished products, and working thoughtfully around others.
- The ability to take directions as well as self-direct.
- Excellent time management skills. You use your time efficiently and proactively look for other tasks when you have finished your task and have unexpected downtime.
Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and walking throughout the shift and work under pressure, navigate crowded spaces and respond to guest and staff needs efficiently and courteously.
Note: This position requires that you be moving on your feet for most of the day and to occasionally lift 50-pound objects.
starts at $18/hour with an increase after the ~3 month training period
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid vacation and sick time, commuter benefits, and lots of chocolate tasting opportunities!
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
*How to Apply*
Dandelion is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us. If you are interested, we’d like to see your resume and a cover letter with a few sentences describing the best team you’ve worked with and why it worked so well. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our product making team.
Dandelion is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter with a few sentences about your most memorable food experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.