Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment the beans we buy. We’re always searching for distinctive, quality cocoa beans and now we’re seeking a positive, team-oriented, and detail-oriented Apprentice Product Maker to help our packaging team operate as seamlessly as possible.
About the Job
Each day will be a little different, depending on production needs. Some days, you’ll come in for a morning meeting, and then sit down to tape and fold small gift boxes on your own. After lunch, you’ll meet with the team to talk about our priorities for the rest of the day, and in the afternoon you and the team will work as a group to fill, wrap, and tie ribbons on the treats boxes. Other days, you might spend the morning weighing out precisely 500 grams of chocolate chips into standing pouches before using a heat sealer to close the bags and placing a label on each one, ensuring the highest quality product goes out to our Cafes so that our shelves delight each guest who visits You may spend the afternoon operating a machine that foils and wraps bars produced by the chocolate production team. You love to learn new skills and no matter the task, are always looking to ensure your work is the highest quality, even when you’re producing hundreds or even thousands of products a day during the height of our packaging season. This full-time position starts at $17.50/hour with an increase after training.
When working repetitive tasks you easily slip into a zen state of mind, staying focused on consistency and quality. You are eager to help out, offering assistance where it is needed when you can. You are self-motivated and able to manage your own time effectively, finding great satisfaction in a job done beautifully. Throughout the day you work efficiently through your to-do list, with an eye for the quality standards necessary for the factory space. While working around other Dandelion teams, you are a master of focus and consistency and are energized by an ever-changing work environment. You learn quickly and jump headfirst into new tasks, asking questions along the way and adjusting according to feedback.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Prepare products including taping and folding boxes, cutting ribbons, and filling tins. Assemble small and large gift boxes, creating an excellent customer experience from the ground up.
- Use a weigh filler to fill bags of whole roasted beans, nibs and ground chocolate, as well as stamping and marking them for quality assurance.
- Be able to use machines to foil, wrap, and label finished chocolate bars as trained, with efficiency and attention to detail. Safety is our top priority!
- Organize, sanitize and maintain Product Maker inventory and work space
- Maintain daily communication and process flow across key departments i.e. receiving and delivering
- Learn new processes for making new products as they are rolled out
- Proactively look for tasks to help our daily operations run as smoothly as possible and identify ways to improve operating procedures.
- Use technology such as iPhone apps and spreadsheets to help the team track goals.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Attention to Detail -- You have previous experience in a role that required fine motor skills and a keen eye for detail. Adhere to quality standards even when it’s not convenient or may take longer.
- Quick learner -- Ready to jump into a task as soon as you are taught it and ask for feedback at key points.
- Positive attitude -- People want to work with and around you, and you like to see your team succeed.
- Repetition -- You are comfortable working in a role that involves repetitive tasks and hand motion.
- Physical strength -- Ability to perform tasks requiring standing for long amounts of time, and walking throughout shift. Able to lift 25 lbs.
starts at $17.50/hour with an increase after training
The benefits and perks continue beyond a robust chocolate education. Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in our people and culture. All team members receive medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. Team members receive paid vacation time, holiday pay, and paid sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, FSAs, local gym discounts, chocolate tasting opportunities, the chance to travel to origin and our Japan locations, and a range of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that details your favorite food experience or influence. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team! In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.