Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. Our business is built upon trust and partnership, and now we’re looking for a Seasonal Fulfillment Assistant to support the operations team during the busiest time of the year by accepting incoming deliveries, overseeing product shipped and received, organizing inventory, and ensuring all orders are filled accurately.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
About The Job:
Each day will be a little different, depending on production needs. Some mornings, you’ll come in for a morning meeting, and then sit down to tape and fold small gift boxes on your own. After lunch, you’ll meet with the team to talk about our priorities for the rest of the day, and in the afternoon you and the team will work as a group to fill, wrap, and tie ribbons on the treats boxes. Other days, you might spend the morning weighing out precisely 500 grams of chocolate chips into standing pouches before using a heat sealer to close the bags and placing a label on each one, ensuring the highest quality product goes out to our Fulfillment team. You may spend the afternoon doing a series of odd jobs throughout the factory -- folding boxes for our Advent Calendar, punching out gift cards, measuring and cutting ribbon, or assembling gift packs. No matter the task, you catch on quickly and always maintain our high quality standards even in a busy time. This full-time position starts at $17/hour.
- Prepare products including taping and folding boxes, cutting ribbons, and filling tins. Assemble small and large gift boxes, creating an excellent customer experience from the ground up.
- Use a weigh filler to fill bags of whole roasted beans, nibs and ground chocolate, as well as stamping and marking them for quality assurance.
- Be able to train on and use machines to foil, wrap, and label finished chocolate bars with efficiency and attention to detail. Safety is our top priority!
- Organize, sanitize and maintain Product Maker inventory and work space
- Maintain daily communication and process flow across key departments i.e. receiving and delivering
- Learn new processes for making new products as they are rolled out
- Proactively look for tasks to help our daily operations run as smoothly as possible and identify ways to improve operating procedures.
- Use technology such as iPhone apps and spreadsheets to help the team track goals.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Attention to Detail: You have previous experience in a role that required fine motor skills and a keen eye for detail. Adhere to quality standards even when it’s not convenient.
- Quick learner: Ready to jump into a task as soon as you are taught it and ask for feedback at key points.
- Positive attitude: People want to work with and around you, and you like to see your team succeed.
- Repetition: You are comfortable working in a role that involves repetitive tasks and hand motion.
- Physical strength: Ability to perform tasks requiring standing for long amounts of time, and walking throughout shift. Able to lift 25 lbs.
When working on repetitive tasks you easily slip into a zen state of mind, staying focused on consistency and quality. You are eager to help out, offering assistance where it is needed when you can. You are self-motivated and able to manage your own time effectively, finding great satisfaction in a job done beautifully. Throughout the day you work efficiently through your to-do list, with an eye for the quality standards necessary for the factory space. While working around other Dandelion teams, you are a master of focus and consistency and are energized by an ever-changing work environment. You learn quickly and jump headfirst into new tasks, asking questions along the way and adjusting according to feedback. You are eager to take on more responsibility and grow within the lead, eventually training new Product Makers and even creating new standard operating procedures.
Starts at $17/hour
Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in our people and culture. All team members receive heavily subsidized medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. All employees receive paid vacation time, holiday pay, and paid sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, FSAs, local gym discounts, chocolate tasting opportunities, the chance to travel to origin and our Japan locations, and a range of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
"Please submit your resume and a cover letter that details your favorite food experience or influence. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team!"