One Hat One Hand
One Hat One Hand Website
We are a privately held, San Francisco-based creative company, designing and building unique works of art primarily for corporate clients, architecture and interior design firms as well as public arts commissions.
Our staff is an inspired group of artists, craftspeople, designers, and project managers working together as One Hat One Hand. We collaborate with our clients every step of the way, taking pride in the talents and creative skills of our team and we work hard to produce seemingly impossible installations through thoughtful design, hands-on fabrication, and technology integration.
Feel free to view some of the projects that have excited us over the years at www.onehatonehand.com.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
The Project Manager supervises projects from beginning to end. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time and within budget. By overseeing all aspects of projects, setting internal as well as external deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of projects, the PM helps ensure project success. They are responsible for preparing reports for upper management regarding the status of projects, both for financial and scheduling considerations. A Project Manager at One Hat One Hand must be capable of managing multiple projects at a time.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in the role. Some of our projects involve quick turn around and tight deadlines, while others require months of client communication before design and/or fabrication resources are involved. Clear and effective client communication is of the utmost importance.
Reports to: Production Manager, COO
To facilitate successful project completion, work with all departments to ensure that appropriate allocation of resources and effective dissemination of information is occurring.
Primary duties of the Project Manager role include:
- Create, maintain and communicate project timelines
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Coordinate both internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Communicate with various roles to ensure project needs, timelines, and budget are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track project financial health using internal tracking tools
- Work closely with designers and fabrication leads to ensure project is being realized as designed
- Participate in quality control of all aspects of the project
- Utilize personal skills and strengths effectively to create an environment of efficiency and growth
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients
- Participate in quality control of all aspects of projects including installation
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Three years in a Project Management position, ideally in the field of Construction, Architectural Fabrication, and/or Production
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to use project management tools such as Asana, Slack, GSuite
- Basic understanding of design software for viewing project files: Rhino, CAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite and others
- A basic understanding of fabrication and finishing techniques utilized at One Hat One Hand, and by outside vendors
- Ability to meet hard deadlines at fast pace
- Knowledge of commercial construction schedules, procedures and protocols
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Extended time seated at desk
- Indoor warehouse environment with moderate noise
Other Application Requirements