Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As the Associate Butcher, help the Line Manager in daily department duties. Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by cutting, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collaborate with the Butcher Buyer to assist in the regular weekly buying
- Assist with PO creation inventory, receiving, distribution, and overall management of the Butcher Department
- Assists Butcher Buyer in organizing and displaying all products and seasonal items.
- Assist Butcher Buyer in managing the departments team
- Monitors and prevents spoilage, regularly communicates waste to buyer/team and log in Revel
- Assists with monthly and daily inventory checks/adjustments
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising products
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with cleanliness and safety standards
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned
- Strong communicator
- Friendly, team-player
- Good work ethic
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
- At least 1 year of meat cutting/butcher experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
Other Application Requirements
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.