Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and have a second market opening in Cow Hollow in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
ABOUT THE JOB
As the Associate Grocery Buyer, help the Grocery Buyer in daily department duties. Ensures an appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Collaborate with the Grocery Buyer to assist in the regular weekly buying
- Assist with PO creation inventory, receiving, distribution, and overall management of the Grocery Department
- Assist Grocery Buyer in organizing, displaying and the upkeep of merchandised product displays
- Ensure accuracy of signs and pricing
- Assist Grocery Buyer in managing the Grocery team
- Monitors non-shelf stable products and prevents spoilage, regularly communicates waste to buyer/team and log in Revel
- Assists with monthly and weekly inventory checks
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising products
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with cleanliness
and safety standards
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned
Competitive pay based on experience.
We believe in creating a positive work culture that is always giving back to our employees. That’s why our benefits package is more robust than most. One week paid vacation, 20% store discount, health, vision, and dental, commuter benefits and staff meal. Competitive pay based on experience.
Other Application Requirements