Churn Urban Creamery
Churn Urban Creamery Website
Churn Urban Creamery + Bakery is a farm to scoop ice cream company and bakery that prioritizes high quality product standards, sustainability, and impeccable customer service. Churn is committed to producing their own eggless ice cream base and baked goods from scratch and utilizing the best quality fruits and dairy from local suppliers. Doing good for people and the environment sets Churn apart because “everything we do matters.”
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
We are currently seeking a baker for our fast growing first brick and mortar location and mobile department. We are currently growing our bakery division and we are looking for a candidate that’s passionate about local ingredients, delicious food, and community in our Portola neighborhood creamery and bakery!
We make all items from scratch from our small starter bakery. We are looking for a baker to work 2-3 days a week, with early morning availability (as early as 3am or 4am), especially on Saturdays and Sundays. Our bakery assortment includes: breakfast sandwiches, hand pies, muffins, cookies, cardamom buns, and babkas. Interested applicants must have professional baking experience and be an independent worker, be able to roll with the punches, and willing to learn and be part of a dynamic new food business. This is currently a part time position but there is room for growth once we expand this portion of the business within the next year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow recipes, prepare mis en place, bake all items with attention to detail.
- Must love fruit and local seasonal ingredients!
- Help ordering supplies and daily gauge product quantities needed for the shop
- Like working with quality ingredients and developing seasonal recipes
- Remember FIFO principles, proper food storage, and other sanitary practices
- Bring a supportive attitude, communicating respectfully and effectively, asking for help and help others. Look for solutions to problems.
- Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met. Evaluate quality of food ingredients or prepared foods.
- Assist in ice cream and mix in preparation.
- Must be trained in proper food handling techniques and must maintain good personal hygiene.
- Learn the proper handling of the product and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pound bags and boxes
- Ability to stand 8 hours
- Ability to do repetitive work with consistency, works with a sense of urgency
- Weekend and early morning (4am) availability a must
- One year of experience in a professional kitchen, preferably a bakery (knife skills are a must)
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Creative, positive attitude, professional demeanor, and a good sense of humor is a plus – we like to have fun while we work
- Reliable, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Consolidating, rotating, organizing, and cleaning station.
- Able to work independently and with a team in a small space, be extremely organized, responsible, and detail oriented.
Part-Time with potential of full-time in future
Other Application Requirements