Andytown Coffee Roasters
Andytown Coffee Roasters Website
We are a growing team of coffee and food professionals dedicated to serving amazing coffee and decadent pastries in San Francisco. Founded in March of 2014 in the Outer Sunset, Andytown is dedicated to sourcing, roasting, and brewing the best coffee we possibly can while also offering the comfort and hospitality of granny's kitchen. We are firm believers that specialty coffee and food is something for everyone to enjoy and our dedication to customer service has created a loyal following of people from all walks of life.
About the Job:
We are looking to hire a part-time Baker to join the team at our original cafe on Lawton St! We are looking for someone with a passion for creating memorable experiences in a high-volume environment. This role has a starting hourly rate of $16.50, but can be adjusted based on proven experience. Job perks include working in a beautiful cafe by the beach, working with a professional and fun-loving team, an amazing snack selection, health, dental, and vision benefits, the option to join CalSavers Roth IRA, accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
Reviews and continued success:
Once you join the Andytown team you will start the 90-day review process. During this time we connect you with your supervisor to make sure you get the training you need to succeed in your role. We also have our HR Coordinator and Staff Accountant reach out to you at the 30 day and 60 day marks to make sure that your benefits and employee info are all in order so that your benefits are in effect by your 90-day review. This is a performance review led by your supervisor as well as a pay raise discussion. After you complete the 90-day review, employees will have a 6-month review followed by an Annual Review that is also a pay rate discussion.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Job Description and Goals:
• You arrive on time and are ready to work at the start of your shift.
• Daily tasks are completed based on the lists given to you by your manager.
• Customers receive delicious and visually appealing pastries and prepared foods.
• When challenges arise, you resolve them with the help of your manager.
• You are responsible for ensuring the quality of the pastries and prepared foods that leave the kitchen.
• Ownership over your station; communicate ordering needs to Bakery Assistant Manager, FIFO, ensuring all mise en place is of quality and up to Andytown standards.
• You are responsible for maintaining a clean station throughout service, prep, and before going home.
• At least 1-year of experience in a fast-paced professional kitchen.
• Proficient knife skills and understanding of how to follow a recipe
• Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
• Great attitude, team player, willingness to support the pastry assistant and kitchen manager as needed
• You are eager to learn and grow.
• Positive communication skills and ability to adapt to challenges as they arise
• Ability to do repetitive work including bending, crouching, twisting, chopping, rolling dough, and scooping
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to stand up to 8hrs
• Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel and reach over-head, to complete tasks
• Completion of ServSafe Certificate within 30-days of hire, as well as completion of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training prior to 90-day review (we provide training resources and reimbursement for training time).
1 year of experience in a kitchen environment is preferred, but any other experience in food or cafe settings is a bonus!
Starting hourly rate of $16.50 (can be adjusted based experience as this role has a pay cap of $23.00) + tips
Options to join Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance OR SF Medical Reimbursement Account, options to join Cal Savers IRA, and options to join commuter and flexible savings account after 60 days of employment. Sick pay starts accruing on the first day of hire and can be used after the 90th day of employment.
This schedule has open availability, so any shifts will be schedule based on the preferences you give your manager. This position is eligible for overtime as long as that overtime is approved by the manager.
Other Application Requirements