Abanico Coffee Roasters
Abanico Coffee Roasters Website
Abanico Coffee Roasters is a coffee company that combines the love for our Latin American cultural roots with specialty coffee! Located in the vibrant Mission District in San Francisco, serving the best cafecitos and cappuccinos in the neighborhood. If you are a passionate self starter, and love coffee, we are waiting for you!
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Entry-level,
Primary Responsibilities for Barista
• Prepare and serve coffee and tea drinks that meet quality standards
• Serve with a welcoming and hospitable attitude
• Properly handle and maintain all equipment
• Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
• Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
• Serve customers quickly and efficiently
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
• Observe relevant health and safety standards
• Maintain a clean café and safe space for both employees and customers
Qualifications for Barista
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Flexible schedule and weekend availability
• Shows up on time to work, ready and takes pride in their work
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Basic mathematical skills
• Ability to problem solve quickly
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Ability to follow directions
These physical requirements are essential duties to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to for persons with disabilities.
• Stand and sit for at least eight hours per day
• Work with hands for at least eight hours per day
• Perform job duties that include, standing, walking, kneeling, reaching, lifting, bending, wiping, pushing and pulling items
• Ability to learn how to use restaurant equipment, following cleaning schedules and instructions.
• Flexibility to perform different tasks, while sometimes multitasking and in a professional manner
• Ability to have fun! We are happy to train the right candidate.
• Retail, hospitality, and/or customer service experience preferred but not required
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required
We are open 7 days a week 8AM - 4PM - Hours and days may vary within those times and days
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.