Linea Caffe Website
Linea is a San Francisco based roasting company founded in 2013, know for its sweetness forward, award winning coffees, exacting flavor standards, and its culture of kindness, hospitality, and sustainability.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
Linea Caffe is seeking a hard working, self-aware, flexible, and communicative Production Team Member at our Roastery in Potrero Hill. The Production Team Member packages roasted coffee and prepares orders for wholesale accounts, e-commerce customers, and Linea Caffe locations. This position coordinates with our roasting and orders departments to ensure each orders filled efficiently and accurately. At times, this can be a fast paced work environment that focuses on accuracy and attention to detail. Communication and teamwork will be key elements to the success of this role. The production role is a highly functional role, we will provide structure and training that will enable you to succeed. If you like being part of a high-functioning team with repetitive and focused actions – this job might be right for you. Operations on the production line do not differ greatly from day to day, but our volume does. We approach each day, regardless of volume, with the intention of managing our time efficiently, and hitting our goals. You may not get the most creative flexibility at this job, but you can leave everyday knowing you finished what you set out to do. If this sounds like your dream, please apply.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Uses the documentation provided by the Production Manager to accurately label, date,
and fill coffee bags
• Fulfills all orders - this includes, but is not limited to: building boxes, picking product,
accurately filling boxes, labeling and sealing boxes, and stacking finished boxes in
• Maintaining a clean and organized workplace
• Developing an understanding of the product line
• Shipping and receiving duties
• Optimize speed, efficiency, and accuracy with regards to all tasks and duties
• Understand and adhere to all safety, quality, and sanitation policies
• Routine warehouse maintenance and deep cleaning
• Safely operate all production and packaging equipment
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Other duties as needed
• Team Work: Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve goals. Strong, positive, and constructive team player.
• Pressure: Ability to work effectively under pressure. Able to maintain focus when operating in a busy, distracting environment.
• Flexible/Adaptable: Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles. Able to deal skillfully and promptly to new situations, difficulties, etc.
• Receptive to Feedback: Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others on your performance, and use the feedback and coaching to learn and improve.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Open to change and learns quickly when facing new and unfamiliar tasks or challenges.
• Attention to Detail: Must focus and have attention to detail while multi-tasking and ensuring accuracy of orders.
• Dexterity and Repetitive Motion: must feel conformable using the dexterity of one’s hands for continuous periods of time.
• Problem Solving: Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, and looks beyond the obvious, not stopping at the first answers.
• Planning: Accurately scopes-out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, and can breakdown work into the process steps. Can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
• Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Includes long periods of standing and working on equipment.
• Warehouse-type, small office, and small food-service retail environments: busy, conversationally noisy, tight quarters, sometimes stuffy, warm, dusty, and slippery, with ever-present coffee roasting aroma.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
• 1+ years manufacturing or production experience
• Experience with Shipping/ Receiving and
• Experience with e-commerce platforms
• CA Drivers License— a plus
• Forklift Certified —a plus
non-exempt Monday-Friday hourly position, typical hours for this job are 25+ hours per week
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Linea Caffe is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or political ideology, as these terms are defined by state, federal and local law. Linea Caffe also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Linea Caffe will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Any employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact their supervisor and request such an accommodation.
Finally, Linea Caffe prohibits harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute impermissible harassment, and internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the restaurant’s policy against harassment.