Linea Caffe Website
Linea is a San Francisco based coffee roasting company. Linea’s renowned for our sweetness forward, certified organic coffees, award winning espresso, exacting flavor standards and its culture of kindness, joy and hospitality.
Linea has been named one of Food & Wine Magazine’s Best 11 Indie Coffee Shops in America, San Francisco Magazine’s Best Espresso, A Thrillist Best New Coffee Roaster and 2020 Good Foods Award Winner..
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
A Barista is knowledgeable in coffee, tea, and drink preparation. The job of the Barista involves efficient, fast, and quality service while providing products that meet our brand expectations. The Barista will accomplish this goal by offering support to co-workers and management staff as well as adhering to procedures that ensure excellence is achieved and maintained.
The main focus of this role is to deliver excellent customer service, manufacture beverages to company standards, and operate the POS system for accurate transactions. Moreover, the Barista position should demonstrate a love and enthusiasm for coffee and possess and interest in educating others about Linea’s coffee, by engaging with the customers and making recommendations when appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Possess a valid food handler card or ability to get on in 30 days
• Must be a people person and able to work within close proximity to others
• Ability to communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
• Ability to maintain grace and calm in stressful situations and fast paced work environment
• Ability to work mornings and flexible hours
• Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• The ability to apply new knowledge and skills to your work, willingness to strive for growth and improvement, and a commitment to excel in your work
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedural manuals, and operating and safety instructions.
• Ability to communicate via email in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ability to be accountable for quality of products
• Ability to use ladders and stairs, be in crouching position and reach for products, as well as stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work and think independently and make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor
• Ability to perform basic math computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• At all times portray Linea Caffe and it’s products in a positive light
Position Responsibilities and Tasks
• Must be a Team Player
• Delivers excellent customer service—engage with customers to create a unique experience
• Develop a thorough understanding of menu and all Linea offerings and products.
• Manufactures beverages to Linea Caffe’s standards: this includes dialing in espresso and maintaining consistency, creating micro-foam, and latte art.
• Consistently understands, reads, and executes recipe requirements correctly
• Ensures appropriate health and safety standards
• Equipment performance monitoring
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, quality standards, policies and procedures
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of products at stations to assure a smooth service
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
• Completes required tasks within assigned time frames
• Opens and/or closes the location properly and follows the closing checklist
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Retail Manager or Cafe Lead
• Attends all scheduled meetings, trainings, and events
• Team Work: Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve goals. Strong, positive, and constructive team player.
• Pressure: Ability to work effectively under pressure. Able to maintain focus when operating in a busy, distracting environment.
• Flexible/Adaptable: Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles. Able to deal skillfully and promptly to new situations, difficulties, etc.
• Receptive to Feedback: Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others on your performance, and use the feedback and coaching to learn and improve.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Open to change and learns quickly when facing new and unfamiliar tasks or challenges.
• Decision Quality: Makes good decisions, based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment, which are perceived to be accurate when evaluated over time.
• Problem Solving: Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, and looks beyond the obvious, not stopping at the first answers.
• Planning: Accurately scopes-out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, and can breakdown work into the process steps. Can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
• Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
• Conflict Management: Sees conflicts as opportunities and finds common ground and cooperation quickly and effectively
• Approachability: Spends the extra effort to put others at-ease. Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others.
• Understanding Others: Seeks to understand why groups do what they do. Picks-up on the sense of the group, in terms of positions, intentions, and needs, as well as what learning what they value and how to motivate them.
Typical Working Conditions
• Includes long periods of standing and working on equipment.
• Busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 30 lbs. or less.
$18.50 (plus tips ) per hour to $21.50 per hour ( plus tips )
Other Application Requirements
Linea Caffe is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or political ideology, as these terms are defined by state, federal and local law. Linea Caffe also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Linea Caffe will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Any employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact their supervisor and request such an accommodation.
Finally, Linea Caffe prohibits harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute impermissible harassment, and internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the restaurant’s policy against harassment.