Andytown Coffee Roasters
Andytown Coffee Roasters Website
We are a growing team of coffee and food professionals dedicated to serving amazing coffee and decadent pastries in San Francisco. Founded in March of 2014 in the Outer Sunset, Andytown is dedicated to sourcing, roasting, and brewing the best coffee we possibly can while also offering the comfort and hospitality of granny's kitchen. We are firm believers that specialty coffee and food is something for everyone to enjoy and our dedication to customer service has created a loyal following of people from all walks of life.
About the Job:
We have a part-time Barista position open at our original cafe located at 3655 Lawton St! We are looking for people with a passion for creating memorable experiences in a high-volume environment. This role has a starting hourly rate of $16.50, but can be adjusted based on proven experience. Job perks include working in a beautiful cafe by the beach, working with a professional and fun-loving team, an amazing snack selection, health, dental, and vision benefits, the option to join CalSavers Roth IRA, accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Barista Job Description and Goals:
- Knowledge of coffee menu, various brewing methods, non-coffee drinks, and food menu
- You are excited and curious about our food program; you check in with the kitchen team with any questions, customer accommodations, and allergy information before your shift and throughout service.
- Operating the cash register, expediting drink and pastry orders, preparing and steaming milk, maintaining the cleanliness of milk pitchers, and drink pass as you go.
- Ensuring that all beverages are to Andytown standard, only serving drinks you would be stoked to receive.
- Closing the shop and bar, ensuring equipment, and café are exceptionally clean, the register is balanced.
- Upholding health department standards, understanding what to do in case of inspection.
- Motivated to create memorable experiences for guests by being on top of your coffee-making game with humility. You believe that making genuine interactions with guests is just as important as making delicious coffee.
- Commitment to honing your coffee skills and food knowledge
- Ability to do repetitive work, including tamping espresso by hand
- Comfortability working in a small space in close proximity to others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
- Ability to stand up to 8+ hours every shift
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel and reach over-head, to complete tasks
- Completion of ServSafe certificate by 30th day of hire
- Completion of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training prior to 90-day review
- Completion of DEI Training prior to 90-day review
Experience in the coffee industry is always a plus but is not required for this job.
Starting hourly rate of $16.50 (can be adjusted based experience) + tips.
Options to join Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance OR SF Medical Reimbursement Account after 60 days of employment, Option to join CalSavers Roth IRA, commuter benefits, and flexible savings account for dependents, and Sick Pay.
Shifts and scheduling needs are worked out with the employees supervisor. Overtime must be approved by the employees manager.
Other Application Requirements