Fort Point Beer Company
Fort Point Beer Company Website
Fort Point Beer Company is seeking a Bookkeeper / Accounting and Administrative Generalist. This is an opportunity to work with an exciting company. The Bookkeeper has a dedicated role maintaining our accounting books and executing monthly close tasks. Every transaction is an opportunity to strengthen our business. This role works within a fast-paced environment; a successful Bookkeeper must be organized, responsive, skilled at prioritization, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator.
In this role you will work directly with the Controller and the entire Finance team, and across all departments.
About Our Company
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We’re influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we’re also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to—beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Work with Accounts Payable team to oversee vendor management and disbursements
- Work with Accounts Receivable team to oversee customer communication and balances
- Manage regular and ad hoc general Journal Entries
- Execute period-end close tasks
- Perform ledger, customer, and vendor account reconciliations
- Local travel in the Bay Area to worksites
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP and the accounting equation
- Experience with accounting software systems
- Advanced Excel, Google Suite, and Apple computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Reliable, responsible and proactive attitude
- Highly motivated and works well both independently and in a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to change; ability to learn new software platforms
- Ability to follow and communicate the company’s policies and procedures
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in Accounting
- Knowledge of ERP systems; including NetSuite
- Software competency in: Google Suite products (gmail, sheets, docs), Microsoft Office, Apple computer skills
Paid vacation time (2 weeks); Paid sick time (3 days); Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents Eligible for Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, and Identity Theft group plans; Eligible for Pet Insurance group plan; Non Matching 401(k) Commuter pre-tax benefits; Medical and Dependent Care FSA pre-tax benefits; Beer and Food benefits
Other Application Requirements
Fort Point Beer Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity in all of its employment practices and makes employment decisions for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protect by state or federal law.