MMclay is a San Francisco based studio run by ceramic artist and designer, MaryMar Keenan. We produce handmade dinnerware and ceramic tabletop pieces for some of the best restaurants in the country, a growing number of interior designers, and tables all over the world.
MMclay is seeking a part-time in-house Bookkeeper and Office / HR Coordinator who will be responsible for maintaining key accounting records, recording transactions, accounts payable and receivable, manage payroll and organizing financial sheets while having access and understanding to many accounting aspects of the business.
What you’ll do:
- QuickBooks Online- entry and reconciliation, including bank accounts, sales via Shopify and A2X, credit card accounts and cash,
- Categorize different types of income from different sources, checks, merchant services etc.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Monthly Sales Tax Payments and Quarterly Filings using TaxJar
- Semi-weekly Payroll
- Assist with onboarding of new employees
- Assist with sick and vacation accruals
- Insurance support including workers comp annual audit
- 1099s annually
- Assist with preparing year end for Tax Preparer
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting as needed
- Clean up QBO as needed
- Review estimates as needed
- Updating existing company policies
- Maintaining employee files/records
- Other projects as needed
What you’ll need:
- A strong background in accounting, QuickBooks Online, payroll, Google Drive, Excel and e-commerce
- Ability to learn new online data systems.
- Self motivation, organization and ability to collaborate ( experience working in the manufacturing industry is not required but preferred)
- Ability to work independently and with different levels of internal staff
- Attention to detail, high accuracy and organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of how to best utilize QuickBooks Online features to aid in the analysis of business performance
$26-$35 per hour, DOE
Other Application Requirements
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.