IRONGRAIN is an architectural fabrication shop in Oakland that focuses on the fusion of metal and wood for modern designs. We work on a diverse set of projects around the Bay Area. We have 15 years of experience in design, fabrication and installation of metal and wood elements including furniture, water features, planters, structural iron, stairs, railings, gates, doors and more. To learn more about us, please visit irongrain.com
. Because we work with a mixture of materials and project types with a relatively small crew, our work is never boring. We are currently seeking other craftspeople who are enthusiastic and dedicated to mastering new skills. If you have several of the following experiences and crave more knowledge and skills, we would like to consider you for our team.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
- Location: East Bay,
The Builder/Fabricator/Woodworker position requires a successful candidate to work on-site at our shop in Oakland CA. In addition, a valid driver’s license is required in order to drive to client locations to work on off-site projects and installations.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in construction and possesses practical knowledge of common shop equipment and tools (detailed below)
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and architectural plans
- Strong work ethic
Familiarity with properly operating and maintaining the machines and tools detailed below is preferred. We will train an individual that has enough knowledge to achieve full competency quickly.
- Machine Shop (lathe / mill)
- Welding (mig / tig)
- Metal Forming
- Wood Shop (planer / jointer)
- Metal Finishing
- Carpentry / Joinery
- Complex Measuring / Layout
- Wiring / Electrical
- Structural Welding (certs)
$30-$42 per hour, depending on experience and demonstrable competencies.
- Probationary Review after 60 days with opportunity for raise. - Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for raise. - Unlimited accrual of Paid Time Off. - Paid Holidays. - Annual Holiday Bonus. - Medical and Dental Insurance Plan (50% coverage) after 60 days
Other Application Requirements
Please include a few sentences in the Additional Notes field, no more than a paragraph, telling us why you enjoy building things.