FIRST STEP FOR CONSIDERATION: Please start by answering a few questions here: https://forms.gle/eiKjucRt46mxs9m89
ABOUT SFMADE & 150 HOOPER:
Launched in 2010, SFMade is a first-of-its-kind, non-profit economic development organization. We have served as a national model focused on providing industry
specific guidance, education, and resources to the manufacturing sector. By helping diverse manufacturing companies to grow in place, we’re helping to create jobs for the local workforce.
SFMade has two sister organizations, PlaceMade and 150 Hooper, Inc. that in 2018 opened a four floor, 50,000 sq ft, multi-tenant manufacturing space located on 150
Hooper Street in San Francisco’s Design District. We could use your help in making sure that 150 Hooper is maintained and running smoothly to keep our manufacturing tenants happy. We’re also looking for someone to help SFMade behind the scenes to support our staff and enable our organization to run
smoothly and efficiently and make it possible for all of the manufacturers that we support to keep up their good work.
This is a full-time (40hrs/week), non-exempt (hourly) position that will require you to be on site at 150 Hooper in San Francisco 4-day/week and on-call as needed. The position will require you to be able to lift 50lbs (think occasionally having to receive deliveries and move large bins to the curb, etc.). You will be reporting to our Controller.
DAY TO DAY
SFMade’s staff work (mostly) remotely and across the Bay Area. However, since this position involves helping with the day-to-day management of our building - the
Manufacturing Foundry at 150 Hooper in San Francisco - you will work from the office 4 days/week. As such, we request that the individual that fills this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or provide required documentation concerning a medical or religious exemption.
In this job, you will interact with many different vendors (via email, phone, and in person) that we use to maintain our building and coordinate that work in partnership
with our part time property management company. You will also work with our CEO, Salesforce admin, and program staff to help with grant and contract reporting and invoicing. We also need you to help keep our systems and processes organized and documented, and help us improve as we grow and evolve.
Your time with us might look something like this:
60% - Building Management
● Manage building maintenance vendors; incl. requesting quotes and coordinate with property management company
● Maintain building security protocols and systems, establish and enforce precautionary policies and procedures, and respond to emergencies
● Troubleshoot issues that arise (incl. after hours/on call) and resolve tenant complaints
● Manage/Oversee building porter/janitor
● Coordinate tenant meetings and communications
● Utilities reading and billing
● Assist with tenant move in/out
30% - Office Management
● In partnership with the leadership team, continually look for ways to evolve and improve operational efficiency of systems and processes impacting staff and operations
● Support leadership team with ad hoc administrative needs
● Maintain phone, document management, event tracking, newsletter distribution lists, and other similar systems
● Schedule video calls and Eventbrite listings, etc. for the Program team
● Help with onboard/offboard employees
● Organize staff and Board meetings, provide event support
10% - Grant invoicing
● Work with Development Director and Controller to assist with grant and contract invoicing
● Track timesheets
Close proximity to our building at 150 Hooper St. is highly desired, as this role will require quick and easy arrival to the building if issues arise, even at inconvenient times.
You are detail oriented, organized, and able to work independently.
In a perfect world you’ve managed a commercial building before and have worked in an administrative job. In a previous role, you will have demonstrated an ability to plan effectively, but shown the flexibility to handle the unexpected and be fine with changing priorities. Since you’ll be helping the executive team with a variety of tasks, you will need to demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and utilize significant amounts of independent judgment.
Since you’ll be interacting with both vendors, staff, tenants, and funders, you must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be customer service oriented.
We also expect all applicants to be proficient in using standard office computer software/systems (G-suite, Word, Excel, etc.).
SFMade and 150 Hooper are both non-profit organizations that are forward-thinking problem solvers working for creative entrepreneurs. We embrace technology whenever it can help.
$30/hr - $35/hr., DOE
● Health Insurance, Dental and Vision. SFMade covers 100% of your premiums and 50% of your dependent's premiums. ● Short-term and long-term disability insurance paid fully by SFMade ● Flexible healthcare reimbursement plan (FSA) ● Paid Time Off. 4 weeks (20 days) annually. ● Holidays. 16 paid holidays. ● Simple IRA with matching up to 3%. ● We will provide complete information about these benefits as part of your New Employee Welcome Packet.
Other Application Requirements