Andytown Coffee Roasters
Andytown Coffee Roasters Website
We are a growing team of coffee and food professionals dedicated to serving amazing coffee and decadent pastries in San Francisco. Founded in March of 2014 in the Outer Sunset, Andytown is dedicated to sourcing, roasting, and brewing the best coffee we possibly can while also offering the comfort and hospitality of granny's kitchen. We are firm believers that specialty coffee and food is something for everyone to enjoy and our dedication to customer service has created a loyal following of people from all walks of life.
About the Job:
We are looking to hire a Cafe Assistant to join the team at our original cafe located at 3655 Lawton St! Cafe Assistants work primarily in the kitchen preparing customer food orders, doing prep work for the bakery as well as the front of the house, and doing dishes as needed. This person should be ready to hop in where needed to help ensure customer food orders are completed to our standards, and that the space is clean and ready for use for all staff working. This role has a starting hourly rate of $16.50, but can be adjusted based on proven experience. Job perks include working in a beautiful cafe by the beach, working with a professional and fun-loving team, an amazing snack selection, health, dental, and vision benefits, the option to join CalSavers Roth IRA, accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
Reviews and continued success:
Once you join the Andytown team you will start the 90-day review process. During this time we connect you with your supervisor to make sure you get the training you need to succeed in your role. We also have our HR Coordinator and Staff Accountant reach out to you at the 30 day and 60 day marks to make sure that your benefits and employee info are all in order so that your benefits are in effect by your 90-day review. This is a performance review led by your supervisor as well as a pay raise discussion. After you complete the 90-day review, employees will have a 6-month review followed by an Annual Review, which is also a pay rate discussion.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Job Description and Goals:
- You arrive on time and are ready to work at the start of your shift
- Maintain the cleanliness of dishes, baking utensils, and more according to the standards laid out by your manager or lead.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and proper stocking of the entire cafe space and the garage storage space.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dish pit, especially areas visible to customers.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and proper FIFO ordering of the milk fridge.
- Think on your feet in order to balance your priorities, and be able to communicate realistic timeframes for tasks given to you by others.
- Team Support: You will frequently perform actions that support other teams in the cafe, including putting away milk deliveries, delivering ice to the baristas, and more. Some of these tasks may require more priority.
- Customers receive amazing service and enjoy delicious coffee and pastries and delicious and visually appealing prepared foods from the bread station.
- The café, kitchen, and garage are clean and tidy throughout service and before you go home.
- When challenges arise, you resolve them with the help of your assistant manager or manager
- Daily tasks are completed based on the lists given to you by your assistant manager or manager
- Motivated to create memorable experiences for guests by being on top of your coffee-making game with humility. You believe that making genuine interactions with guests is just as important as making delicious coffee.
- Commitment to honing your coffee skills and food knowledge
- Ability to do repetitive work, including tamping espresso by hand
- Comfortability working in a small space in close proximity to others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
- Ability to stand up to 8+ hours every shift
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel and reach over-head, to complete tasks
- Completion of ServSafe certificate within 30 days
- Completion of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training prior to the 90-day review
- Completion of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training prior to the 90-day review
Experience in a cafe is not required for this role, but it is always a bonus!
Starting hourly rate of $16.50 (can be adjusted based experience as this role has a pay cap of $23.00) + tips.
Options to join Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance OR SF Medical Reimbursement Account, options to join Cal Savers IRA, and options to join commuter and flexible savings account after 60 days of employment. Sick pay starts accruing on the first day of hire and can be used after the 90th day of employment.
This position has open availability. Employees submit their preferred schedules to their supervisor. This position is eligible for overtime as long as those hours are approved by the manger.
Other Application Requirements