Ritual Coffee Roasters
Ritual Coffee Roasters Website
RITUAL IS CHANGING THE WAY PEOPLE KNOW COFFEE.
In 2005, when corporate coffee dominated American culture, Ritual unknowingly started a fun and crazy revolution that would ultimately help launch the new coffee movement. We buy 90+% of our beans direct from our producer partners, setting the highest standard
in the industry. This makes sure we get our hands on the best beans in the world, but more importantly, makes sure our farmers maintain the quality of life they deserve. Now a bona fide San Francisco original, we’ve also earned our iconic status as one of the best coffee roasting companies in the world. The mission of Ritual Coffee is simple: to make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. Ritual roasts in SoMa, and has 6 cafes in San Francisco and Napa.
We are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive spaces on both sides of the counter and behind the scenes at Ritual. We best achieve our mission (making people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had) when our staff reflects the broad diversity of people who love coffee. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, experience, and perspective is part of what makes Ritual the innovative place that it is.
DIVERSITY AT RITUAL: COFFEE IS FOR EVERYONE
We are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive spaces on both sides of the counter and behind the scenes at Ritual. We best achieve our mission (making people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had) when our staff reflects the broad diversity of people who love coffee. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, experience, and perspective is part of what makes Ritual the innovative place that it is. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
We are looking for an experienced, professional, and enthusiastic leader who loves people and coffee to oversee the team and all aspects of cafe operations at Ritual on Valencia St. The leader will cultivate a productive, supportive, and inclusive work environment while prioritizing the success of each of our employees and maintaining smooth cafe operations. The leader will also develop and implement strategic systems to support our people and our cafe, and to drive growth. This is a full-time, salaried position based out of San Francisco; on-call availability for emergencies and troubleshooting is required. The Cafe Manager reports to the Retail People Operations Manager.
- Lead and supervise a team of approximately 13-15 retail employees, including an Assistant Manager, Shift Leads, a Coffee Educator and Baristas.
- Oversee, implement, and participate in our formal culture management structure and processes, which emphasize individual supervision and support.
- Cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all employees, and foster employee satisfaction and retention
- Ensure information is communicated effectively throughout cafe and across departments
- Support staff to consistently deliver delicious coffee to meet and exceed our quality and service standards
- See that the cafe operations (including coffee/goods/food ordering, billing, banking) are efficient so that the cafe can be profitable
- Keep the cafe clean, beautiful and safe, providing both employees and customers with a fun, inclusive environment
- 1-2 years experience in a cafe leadership role
- Proven experience building healthy and inclusive diverse teams.
- An approachable people-person with a high level of emotional intelligence, patience, compassion and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills, able to engage and inspire professional growth.
- Infectious love of coffee
- Proficiency with Google Drive, spreadsheets and general comfort with use of technology
- Availability: on-call for emergencies, ability to be on site at cafes when urgently needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. (Required)
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and consistent attendance and the ability to sit and work with hands and arms for at least eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week.
- Physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, crawl, push and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stand and move throughout the cafe/ office.
- Must be able to interact with customers for at least eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Have consistent and reliable onsite attendance at the cafe/ office.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English;
- Interpret and follow a variety of instructions and procedures furnished in English - written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and other deadlines consistently.
- Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
- Communicate effectively and promptly to clients, vendors, and employees of the organization.
- High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Auditory and visual skills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
- Occasional Travel may be required.
- Stand stationary in cafe throughout the shift for periods of time (up to 8 hours per day, 5 days per week);
- Continuous physical activity including walking, standing, twisting, sitting, bending, lifting, reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling, wiping, climbing,
pushing and pulling items weighing 50 pounds for distances of up to 20 ft.;
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical work and withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or
- Be able to adeptly use restaurant equipment;
- Perform basic math and fractions to complete recipes;
- Understand and respond to staff and customer requests in a loud environment
Competitive pay based on experience.
Ritual Coffee strongly believes in investing in our people and our culture. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements