Temescal Brewing Website
We know that good beer brings people together—and we started Temescal Brewing in 2016 to do just that.
We craft vibrant and delicious beer for our neighborhood and our pals and we’ve created a welcoming space full of Temescal vibes for everyone to enjoy.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Location: East Bay,
Temescal Brewing is seeking a highly motivated and hardworking individual to join our brewing team in Oakland as a full-time Cellar Person.
You will work alongside head brewer Ryan Hammond in our 15bbl brewery and will be responsible for a variety of packaging, cleaning, and cellar duties. This is not a brewing position, but has the potential to grow into one for the right candidate.
Temescal is looking for a candidate with previous experience who is able to learn quickly on the job and to seize opportunities for more responsibility over time. Strong communication skills and flexibility are essential to the role.
- Packaging finished beer
- Keg cleaning and filling
- Transporting wort to our 2nd cellar in Jack London Square
- Transferring, tank CIP, fermentation monitoring, dry hopping, and carbonating beers
- Harvesting and managing yeast
- Operating a forklift, box truck, and other company vehicles
- Regular cleaning of draft lines, tank exteriors, and brewery floors
- Transporting beer and other materials between facilities
- Assisting on brew days with prep, grain in, and grain out
- A variety of brewery maintenance, inventory, and organization tasks
- A clean driving record
- Experience with Google Sheets and Slack
- Experience Operating a forklift
- Ability to lift a full keg (180 lbs.) from the ground to knee level.
- Ability to lift 60lbs to waist level, repeatedly.
- Physical ability to stand up to 10 hours a day, reach, lift, bend, kneel, climb, walk, push and pull items weighing up to 180 pounds repeatedly
- Requires walking, standing, and/or driving for more than 90% of the workday
Key Job Qualifications:
- At least one year’s experience working in a brewery in a production role
- Direct experience with the majority of tasks listed below
- Strong communication skills and the ability to follow written instructions
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work safely and independently
Paid time off, health benefits, paid lunch breaks, cell phone stipend to cover use of personal phone for mapping/directions, free beer and other in-kind perks
Monday - Friday, 8 hour shifts including a 30 min paid lunch break. Shifts will vary depending on needs of the brewery. Shifts generally start between 5-11am.
Other Application Requirements
- You will be expected to be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to safely perform this role
- We have extensive policies in place to prevent the spread of COVID and protect our staff and customers, and we’re eager to discuss and address your safety needs.