Kokak Chocolates Website
Opened in June 2020, Kokak Chocolates specializes in small-batch single origin heirloom chocolates in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco. "Kokak," meaning ribbit in the Filipino language, stems from Founder and Head Chocolatier Carol Gancia’s deep Asian roots and passion for making adventurous flavors with the rare cacao variety, “Naciónal.” Kokak Chocolates offers handcrafted, giftable boxed chocolates, bars, truffles, hot chocolates, pastries, and coffee. Online ordering and shipping within the continental U.S. is available.
This woman-owned artisanal chocolate shop is located at 3901 18th Street in San Francisco and open from 11am-6pm, Tuesday - Sunday. Custom orders and bulk care packages are available to ship within San Francisco and across the U.S.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As a chocolatier/pastry assistant, job duties include processing making bar cocoa beans, tempering chocolate, molding chocolate, and storing chocolate properly. They create a variety of chocolate confections, such as chocolate truffles, bonbons, chocolate bars, chocolate-covered fruit, and more.
- Experienced in chocolate tempering and molding
- Eager to learn all aspects of chocolate and pastry making.
- Passionate and enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced kitchen
- Demonstrate a passion for excellence through product and work ethic
- Used to work with urgency and attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions while maintaining a positive attitude
- Uphold standards of personal and workplace cleanliness
- Able to receive constructive criticism and strive to improve areas of weakness
- Dependable team player used to wear many hats in a small operation
- Positive personality not afraid to take initiative
- Food Safety Certification and being computer savvy is a plus
- Education: Culinary school degree or similar
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., and be on your feet all-day
- Must love candy and chocolate, and be willing to taste samples frequently for quality control purposes
Hours and Shift Expectations (based on full-time employment) - Must be flexible
Other Application Requirements
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.