Advanced Prototype Engineering is a San Francisco-based design and engineering firm specializing in the development of mechanical and mechatronic prototypes, R&D Facility Set-up assistance, Machine Education Documentation and Training, and Specialty Manufacturing. Our work helps clients develop the technologies of tomorrow.
The APROE team understands that innovation is a process which requires persistence and attention to detail as well as flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Hours: Full-time,
- The project work involves a manual task - measuring open floor space and taping large paper "footprints" to the floor at the job site. This can be physically strenuous and involves lots of up and down and work on the floor - any applicants should be prepared for that.
- The contractor will work with an experienced Project Manager who has designed the space and can direct the placement of footprints
- The dates are subject to change based on construction site conditions which change daily, so the contractor will need to be flexible about moving the specific days on site as we approach the "install" dates. We can also work around previous commitments for dates within our work weeks if the contractor has other obligations.
- Contractor will be responsible for their own transportation.
- The contractor will need to have a tape measure, boots and wear long sleeves and long pants
- Ideally candidates will know how to read a technical drawing and understand basic dimensioning in architectural drawings - can be entry level but experience reading a drawing would help.
- The job location is at an active construction site - it would be great if the candidate had their own PPE, but APROE will provide hardhat, vest, safety glasses if necessary.
8 hour work days (9am-5pm) for 3 weeks total from late March through mid May (with other potential start dates)
Other Application Requirements