Kyle Minor Design
Kyle Minor Design Website
Kyle Minor Design (KMD) is on the hunt for an experienced designer to join our roster. Our projects range in size, material, and scope, but all share a high level of detail and expectation of top-notch craftsmanship.
As a design/build firm, our drawings need to be as beautiful as they are practical. We’re looking for a designer that understands the nuances of material and the requirements of fabrication. This is a job for someone who likes thinking about fastener clearances and wood expansion; someone who can proactively anticipate how our fabricators will approach a project and design accordingly; someone who welcomes a constantly changing slate of projects and thrives in the uncharted territory of custom work.
This position will be a contract role. We anticipate a starting workload of 5-15 hours per week. We’re looking at an exciting horizon of work and hope to find someone who can take on a larger role as our company grows.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Based in the SF Bay Area. Capable of both working remotely and joining us in our SF office for in-person design exercises.
- Minimum 3-years of experience in digital design work. Ideally, some of that time was spent learning the ropes and best practices at an upstanding architectural firm.
- Expertise in working in Rhino. Other 3d modeling programs are a plus, Rhino fluency required.
- Insatiable appetite for learning about new processes, new materials, and new tools.
- A knack for problem solving and creating elegant design solutions.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship at this time
- Fluent in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Deep understanding of the material properties of steel, aluminum, and wood.
- Comprehensive knowledge of wood and metal fabrication.
- Graphic design experience
- Experience exporting for CNC - both 2D cut lines, and 3D shapes
Based on experience.
Starting workload of 5-15 hours per week.
Other Application Requirements