unspun is a robotics and digital apparel company building custom jeans for each consumer— on demand.
Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through automated, localized, and intentional manufacturing. Our revolutionary tech currently powers our award-winning brand (one of TIME's Best Inventions, PopSci’s Best of What’s New, and FastCo's World-Changing Ideas), a B2B software platform for digital customization, and a completely revolutionary method of additive and automated apparel production.
Recently included in Time's Best Inventions & Fast Company's World Changing Ideas, unspun aims to rapidly transition the trillion-dollar apparel world into one that is more intentional, inclusive, and efficient by focusing on the overlap between sustainability and profitability. We’re a fully vertical & fast-moving company supported by Josh Buckley, Lachy Groom, Fifty Years, Hyper, and SOSV.
We also happen to make the best-fitting jeans on the planet. 🌍
- be every customer's first human interaction at unspun
- connecting them to the right people to talk to (fit team, ops, founders, etc)
- manage inbound email, chat, appointments, and customer visits
- seek out ways to make every one of these interactions feel fun
- lead efforts for retail upgrades, pop up designs, and events
- work onsite from our headquarters in downtown San Francisco
- become an expert on unspun and our process
- you'll often serve as the face of unspun, and our most loyal customers will absolutely know you by name.
- serve as air-traffic-control for all sorts of inbounds— requests to the fit team, customer questions, company-to-company communication, etc.
- whenever possible, find ways to make what could be "normal" interactions into funny / memorable moments.
- You can wear (and love wearing) a lot of different hats. 🧢
- Multi-tasking & context switching are second nature to you. 🤹♀️
- You love talking to people— strangers and friends, online and IRL. 🤓
- You consider yourself design-forward— there's probably photos of your room/house/apartment on your instagram. 🎨
- You're in the "I want to learn and explore" phase of your career- wherever that may go. 🗺
You (May) Have:
- Previous experience in retail in some way (doesn't have to be apparel).
- A love for twitter or online communities.
- An eye for aesthetics.
- An incredible ability to write!
$40k – $50k; 0.01% – 0.05%
Gold & Platinum-level PPO healthcare plans through Kaiser or Blue Shield; Self-regulated vacation policy; Commuter Benefits; 401(k); Reading & learning stipend; Gym membership "sweat expense"
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
If you don't meet all of the points listed above, but can make up for it with a voracious passion to learn how to do so, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Communication & fun are a huge part of this role- we'd love to meet the real you. :) No need to make it a novel, just tell us a bit about you and why you're interested in unspun— we just want to hear your (digital) voice. 🤓
We won’t roll our eyes if your socks don’t match. We get it. But then, if you spend those extra few minutes in the morning matching your socks and shirt, we get that too. Our workspaces are sometimes spotless and sometimes chaotic, and we celebrate messy exploration. We work through complex problems but generate simple and elegant solutions. We strive to look at things differently, and never do anything solely because “that’s the way it’s always been done.” In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
We’re a team of designers and engineers, industry-veterans and serial entrepreneurs, artists and developers. We’re aspiring chess masters and climbers, bakers and photographers. Originally spun out of Stanford and the University of Colorado, we now call downtown San Francisco home, with strong ties to Hong Kong. We are looking for teammates who share our desire to work on ambitious problems and leave the world better than we found it.
unspun is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of backgrounds, thought, and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.