Heath Ceramics Website
What began as a historic pottery in 1948, has evolved into a collection of businesses anchored in designing and making products, spaces, and experiences of exceptional beauty and uncompromising integrity. We are a manufacturer, led by design and sustainable business practices. We have a very diverse workplace of 200 employees that encompasses manufacturing, retail, design, communications, digital, and administrative functions. Our original Sausalito location houses our dinnerware factory and showroom. Heath San Francisco houses our tile factory, along with a showroom, and clay studio; our SF Ferry Building location is a small, but mighty, showroom; and Heath LA, a showroom and clay studio. Learn more about our company, at heathceramics.com.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
As a customer service associate you'll be responsible for helping customers via email, phone, live chat, and our website. This role works closely with other CS team members to provide outstanding customer service company wide, in collaboration with other departments. Though patient and diligent problem solving is a big part of the job, there are also daily opportunities to engage with customers who are passionate about dinnerware, home decor, or event registries, acting as a consultant to guide them to the best Heath products for their needs.
- Responsible for day-to-day customer service related tasks via phone, email, and live chat
- Prompt responses to all inquiries, following our emphasis on great service and support that brings questions or issues to a gratifying conclusion
- Optimize profitability by minimizing returns and cancellation rates, demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, product knowledge, and follow-through
- Work closely with fulfillment, shipping, and merchandise teams to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Assist customers with web and phone orders
- Ensure that all elements of the online customer service experience are optimized based on direct customer input, analysis, and after-sales communications
- Stay up to date with updates to the website’s product and content offerings to better provide assistance to customer inquiries
- Troubleshoot to bring effective resolution to any website issues by working with the web team
Systems and Inventory
- Stay in regular communication with customers on order progress
- Track orders in SAP and Shopify and resolve customer issues related to billing/refunds
- Ensure regular and timely release of orders and follow up with production and warehouse to ensure fulfillment
- Monitor back orders and ensure customers are notified on their product status in a timely manner
- Ensure stock availability and react swiftly to managing out of stock products and lines
- Must be able to work flexible weekend days as part of your schedule
- Excellent communicator who is solution-oriented, warm, patient, and genuine
- Aptitude for problem solving, process improvements, and cross-functional collaboration
- Minimum three years experience working in Customer Service, ideally in support of an ecommerce operation
- Systems savvy and able to learn new platforms and processes quickly; familiarity with online ticketing systems such as Freshdesk or Zendesk preferred, experience with SAP/Shopify a bonus
- Experience and comfort level answering a high volume of phone calls and emails, while also handling live chat
- Excellent spelling and grammar is required for email and live chat communications
- Retail and consumer goods experience a must, dinnerware and tabletop preferred
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for issues from start to finish
- Must be comfortable sitting for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
As Heath is a small company, it may be necessary from time to time to undertake tasks and responsibilities necessary to the overall success of the business. Any additional responsibilities will be discussed beforehand and be in accordance with the skills and experience required for this role.
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes a choice of medical plan, dental, vision and life and works very hard to keep employee costs low for excellent coverage. We do not require an employee contribution for individual premiums, and we pick up a large portion of the costs for dependent coverage. A generous 401k match starts after three months on staff. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long term performance of our company. We offer a generous time off allocation, paid family leave, and of course a healthy discount on all Heath products.
This is a full time position averaging 40 hrs per week, including weekends.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements