Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As a member of the Deli Line team of Luke’s Local you are responsible for We encourage a team mentality at Luke’s and as such all deli staff often assist each other based on the demands of the day. Having a positive attitude and team mentality is a must.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Preparing, packaging, weighing, and pricing meat department products for sale,
- Setting and maintaining the deli/butcher case
- Prepping and assembling sandwiches
- Providing excellent and knowledgeable customer experience
- Shutting down the deli/butcher station
- Knowledge and implementation of safe food handling procedures
- Assist in unloading and stocking merchandise for the Deli/Butcher team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to safely prepare and serve food of high quality
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
$19-22/hour plus tips
Medical insurance, with employer contribution of up to 100%; Dental insurance, with 70% employer contribution; Vision insurance, with 50% employer contribution ; Paid sick leave; Paid vacation - up to 2 weeks per year; Paid volunteer days; Pre-tax 401k savings account; Storewide employee discount of 20%; Daily staff meal; Pre-tax commuter benefits savings account; Regular review & raise cycles; Professional development and mentorship program
Part-Time or Full-Time
Other Application Requirements
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.