Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and have a second market opening in Cow Hollow in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As a member of the Deli Line team of Luke’s Local you are responsible for We encourage a team mentality at Luke’s and as such all deli staff often assist each other based on the demands of the day. Having a positive attitude and team mentality is a must.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Preparing, packaging, weighing, and pricing meat department products for sale,
- Setting and maintaining the deli/butcher case
- Prepping and assembling sandwiches
- Providing excellent and knowledgeable customer experience
- Shutting down the deli/butcher station
- Knowledge and implementation of safe food handling procedures
- Assist in unloading and stocking merchandise for the Deli/Butcher team
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to safely prepare and serve food of high quality
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
Other Application Requirements