Andytown Coffee Roasters
Andytown Coffee Roasters Website
We are a growing team of coffee and food professionals dedicated to serving amazing coffee and decadent pastries in San Francisco. Founded in March of 2014 in the Outer Sunset, Andytown is dedicated to sourcing, roasting, and brewing the best coffee we possibly can while also offering the comfort and hospitality of granny's kitchen. We are firm believers that specialty coffee and food is something for everyone to enjoy and our dedication to customer service has created a loyal following of people from all walks of life.
We are looking to hire a part-time Delivery Driver/Production Assistant! This position will start with four 6-hour shifts per week with the potential for growth. After training, each shift will start at 6:30 am with pastry deliveries to our Sunset cafe locations, then deliveries to our wholesale partners around the city, and finishing at our roastery with prep for the next day. We have one trip to the East Bay each week as well. All deliveries are completed using our company vehicles.
This role will start at an hourly rate of $20 and job perks include working with a professional and fun-loving team, an amazing snack selection, health, dental, and vision benefits, the option to join CalSavers Roth IRA, the option to have commuter benefits and flexible savings account for dependent care, phone bill reimbursement accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Delivery Driver / Production Assistant Job Description and Goals:
- You arrive on time and are ready to work at the start of your shift
- Daily tasks are completed based on the lists given to you by your manager
- Double-checking shipments and invoices before delivery, loading the van and driving to all wholesale locations to deliver goods.
- Making sure that wholesale partners receive amazing customer service and receive beautifully packaged and delicious products.
- Deliver goods to and from Andytown cafes communicating any issues on the appropriate café location Slack channel.
-You will be asked to pick up green coffee regularly from our wholesale suppliers in the East Bay, some additional traveling and delivery to various parts of the Bay Area as well.
- The production floor, cupping room, and common spaces are clean and tidy throughout your shift and before you go home.
- Contacting the production floor manager with updates at specified points in your route & if any unexpected delays occur.
- Filling out a daily log in Slack prior to the end of your shift.
- Fulfill customer orders; prep tags and bags for next day’s orders
- Batch out next day’s roast
- Operate and maintain vehicles, equipment, and machines; assist Production Floor Manager with troubleshooting issues as they occur.
- Restock supplies and alert the Production Floor Manager when low on items
- Communicating any Andytown internal order issues with your manager as well as the affected café location.
- Communicating any issues with wholesale orders to your manager immediately.
- Assist Production Manager with weekly inventory of supplies and backstock.
- When challenges arise, resolve them with the help of your teammates and manager
- In addition to the above goals, you will sometimes be asked to complete tasks that are not on the above list.
- After successful completion of 90-days in this position, you will be eligible to cross-train in other positions in the Production Department as they become available; these opportunities include but are not limited to, advanced production assistant duties, roasting coffee, and leadership positions that arise.
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitive work, including scooping and sealing bags
- Remain attentive and engaged through repetitive and monotonous tasks
- Comfortability working in small space in close proximity to others
- Comfortability working in a loud space with continual machinery noise
- Ability to lift 50 pounds; always lifting heavier objects with a team member
- Ability to stand up to 8+ hours every shift
- Valid Driver’s License (CA preferred) and clean driving record
- Completion of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Training prior to 90-day review
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel, and reach over-head, to complete tasks
Starting Rate of $20.00
Sick Pay, Health Insurance with Dental and Vision or San Francisco MRA after 90 days, Cal savers Roth IRA, Commuter Benefits and FSA Dependent Care Savings options after 90-days, and all the coffee you can drink
This position will start with four 6-hour shifts per week with the potential for growth.
Other Application Requirements