ImpactVision’s mission is to build a more transparent and secure global food system through the use of hyperspectral technology. We are a startup combining image processing and machine learning to provide rapid and non-invasive analytics for food supply chains to deliver consistent food quality, generate premium products, and prevent supply chain waste. This has the potential to make a major difference in the world. Reducing food waste is one of the best ways we have to combat global warming - and can do so while making food higher quality and less expensive. We are well funded, growing, and delivering systems. We’re now hiring people passionate about technology to join us in the quest to commercialize the next generation imaging system for food quality control.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
- Position is Entry-level,
Are you someone who loves to build things? Loves solving problems for customers? Are you the type of person who wants new challenges and opportunities to grow? Have you built combined mechanical / electrical systems? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Would you be excited about providing guidance to product direction and design? Would you look forward to traveling the world in pursuit of a better global food system? If so, then this job may be for you.
We are looking for a Deployment Technician which will fill roles including mechanical and electrical assembly, customer interaction and training, support, and quality assurance. The primary responsibilities will be the field installation and support of ImpactVision systems, and there will be many additional opportunities, including in the areas of software support and troubleshooting, system test (QA), requirements gathering, and integrating with customer mechanical and software systems.
* Install ImpactVision Systems at customer facilities (commissioning, testing, integration, optimization)
* Service and maintain installed Systems and conduct preventive maintenance visits (mechanical, electronics, software testing and optical tuning)
* Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently
* Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance
* Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment
* Lead the development of field service documentation
* Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed
* Build prototype, next-generation systems
Required Skills / Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Intermediate / conversational Spanish
Strong mechanical skills to include:
- use of hand tools and power tools
- reading CAD drawings
- assembling of factory automation infrastructure
- CAD skills a plus
Strong electrical skills to include
cable assembly (crimping, soldering, etc.)
basic troubleshooting using a digital multimeter
Comfortable with use of computers. Willing to learn basic Linux command line operations
The position may require:
- Frequent bending, kneeling and standing
- Lifting of up to 80 lbs
- Working in confined spaces
- Ability to drive for long distances
- Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum
- No major food allergies that would impede on the job requirements
Experience with factory automation and food processing a plus.
- Past experience with Quality Assurance is a plus.
- Machine shops skills a plus
Competitive salary, health benefits and stock options.
Normal work hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Off hour work and travel may be required depending on customer demands.
Other Application Requirements