Rize Up Bakery
Rize Up Bakery Website
Rize Up Bakery is a fledgling San Francisco based black-owned bakery focused on reinventing and rethinking the traditional sourdough. Currently Rize Up is operating 7 days a week and offering delicious breads all over the Bay Area. Rize Up was born as a way to channel energy into something healing during the social unrest caused by the murder of George Floyd.
Rize Up's story began as a home-based quarantine sourdough project that quickly turned into a micro bakery in the Spring of 2020. Within a year, Rize Up has outgrown Azikiwee’s backyard ovens and our trajectory has no end in sight! Founder Azikiwee Anderson was overcome with a need to make a difference and hopefully inspire young Black bakers to think outside the traditional box. As a black baker, Azikiwee feels representation truly matters. We have to be the change we seek.
Rize Up wants to share our love of delicious, thoughtfully baked breads made with naturally leavened, organic and sustainable high quality ingredients. Rize Up feels it can change the world one beautiful loaf of bread at a time! Rize Up Bakery is honored to “Feed Your Soul”.
As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Assisting with bakery operations including mixing, baking, packaging, dishwashing, order fulfillment, and cleaning
- Assisting with Common Area Cleaning responsibilities
- Maintaining Safety and Food Safety standards and following company procedures
- Completing appropriate station documentation as assigned
- Following Quality Control protocols for each station
- Cooperating and collaborating with coworkers, leads and supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
This is a dynamic role, and helps out in multiple stations per day, with an emphasis on supporting Order Fulfillment and Dishwashing.
- You aim to do your best each day
- You prioritize Food Safety and Worker Safety at all times in the workplace
- You crave feedback and respond to it gracefully
- You deliver feedback constructively
- You treat people with respect
- You are eager to learn, teach and share
- You help our business succeed
You should be:
- Ability to work onsite in San Francisco
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to be on your feet for 8 hours
- Eager to communicate clearly and adapt to changes quickly
- Confident working both solo and as part of a team
- Organized, efficient, and not afraid of timelines
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
Food handler's certification a plus
Starting at $18/hour; raise to $20/hour after probationary period
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.