IRONGRAIN is an architectural fabrication shop in Oakland that focuses on the fusion of metal and wood for modern designs. We work on a diverse set of projects around the Bay Area. We have 15 years of experience in design, fabrication and installation of metal and wood elements including furniture, water features, planters, structural iron, stairs, railings, gates, doors and more. To learn more about us, please visit irongrain.com
. Because we work with a mixture of materials and project types with a relatively small crew, our work is never boring. We are currently seeking other craftspeople who are enthusiastic and dedicated to mastering new skills. If you have several of the following experiences and crave more knowledge and skills, we would like to consider you for our team.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
- Location: East Bay,
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and read architectural, structural and mechanical drawings.
- Interface with fabrication team to generate clear, concise, workable shop drawings, cut-lists and sketches to fabricate from.
- Attend occasional contractor/client meetings, site-visits to measure/observe/note as-built conditions.
- Interface with Irongrain's material and service vendors to procure job materials and components. Determine quantities/dimensions of materials and provide vendors with
necessary drawings, CAD files and cut-lists.
- Research new material sources and monitor competitive pricing/lead times.
- Solidworks Drafting and/or AutoCAD/Draftsight experience
- Experience with both Solidworks and AutoCAD/Draftsight from an architectural or fabrication background.
- Knowledge of standard wood and steel-working terminology; dimensions, materials, forms, processes
- Ability to maintain company drafting standards such as sheet setup, layer management, plot procedures, file storage and management, text and dimension styles,
- Windows/Microsoft Office
- Self-starting, communicative, thorough, big-picture and detail oriented
- Interest in the opportunity for creative design work on an increasing number of shop-designed projects
$30-$42 per hour, depending on experience and demonstrable competencies.
- Probationary Review after 60 days with opportunity for raise. - Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for raise. - Unlimited accrual of Paid Time Off. - Paid Holidays. - Annual Holiday Bonus. - Medical and Dental Insurance Plan (50% coverage) after 60 days
Other Application Requirements
Please include a few sentences in the Additional Notes field, no more than a paragraph, highlighting your relevant qualifications and telling us a little about yourself. A portfolio is not required, but would go a long way in supporting your competencies and piquing our interest.