Bi-Rite (Hayes Valley)
Bi-Rite (Hayes Valley) Website
The Bi-Rite Family of Businesses includes two Markets (on 18th Street and Divisadero Street), the Creamery, our Catering and Commissary Kitchen, as well as the Bi-Rite Farm in Sonoma. We believe that food does more than nourish, it brings people together. As a Certified B Corporation, we believe it’s our responsibility to build meaningful relationships with each part of our extended family: the food we make and sell connects our staff, our guests, our producers, and the environment. Named one of Forbes 25 Best Companies in America, our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, dreamers, doers, artists, activists, and, of course, food lovers! If you’re a people person with a passion for heartfelt service, we invite you to Create Community Through Food with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Position is Temporary/Seasonal,
We have an immediate opening for a Driver + Warehouse Support. The Driver + Warehouse Support gives outstanding service by meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and providing excellent internal service to the team. The primary responsibility for this position is transporting products to and from Bi-Rite businesses, completing orders accurately and timely, handling food and product safely, keeping our warehouse clean and organized, and maintaining our vehicles. In addition, this position is responsible for safely loading and unloading trucks, physically and digitally receiving, and accurate inventory management and reconciliation. They are part of a cohesive Bi-Rite team that supports the Bi-Rite Missions, 2024 Vision, and Community Values.
- Prepares, packs, loads and unloads products to and from Bi-Rite businesses safely, accurately and on schedule and ensures proper handling of
invoices, receipts and related documentation for inventory and sales management.
- Ensures the warehouse is organized, clean, safe and well-maintained.
- Responsible for coordinating, packing and delivering catering orders, as needed, utilizing a Bi-Rite vehicle.
- Maintains working knowledge of products and services to provide excellent internal service.
- Follows all of the rules of the road, including parking restrictions, and be courteous, kind and respectful to other drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and law
enforcement officers. Reports incidents immediately. Assists with vehicle maintenance.
- Keeps the business running smoothly by providing support to all aspects of the business, as requested.
- Committed to Bi-Rite's mission to Create Community Through Food and values of Lead with Love, Pursue with Passion and Act with Integrity.
- Genuinely finds interest in learning about and sharing Good Food.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver great internal and external service: identifying what others need, getting it for them and taking the extra steps to
ensure they have a positive experience.
- Able to work independently; possesses effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and procedures, and accurately completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Approaches new situations and people with openness, curiosity and humility; treats others with dignity and respect.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Energetic, works with a sense of urgency and adapts to the needs of the business.
- Embraces change and proposes more effective ways of working.
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the role with or without accommodations.
- Ability to communicate in a concise, clear and productive manner; seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to complete tasks and achieve shared goals.
- Fluency in the English language, spoken and written.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Committed to punctuality and exemplary attendance.
To Be Successful at this Role:
- 1+ years driving, delivery and/or warehouse experience, including driving box trucks
- Basic computer skills including word processing, e-mail, and navigating web browsers and applications.
- ServSafe Certification, California Food Handler Card required within 30 days post-hire.
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Competitive pay based on experience.
Our unique staff culture and generous benefits package sets us apart from other food businesses. We offer a 25% (alcohol 20%) discount on purchases throughout the businesses, a meal provided with your shift, medical, dental and vision plan after 60 days of employment, a 401K retirement plan with employer match, access to 18 Reason classes and the opportunity for career advancement. And of course, a team of mindful, smart and happy people to work with every day!
Part-time. Ability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Looking for 2-5 days a week through the holiday season.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
We’d love for you to take the time to write a few sentences telling what you know and love about the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses, your interest in working at Bi-Rite, and what you hope to learn by working with us.