Three Babes Bakeshop
Three Babes Bakeshop Website
Three Babes Bakeshop makes pies by hand with the highest quality organic and local ingredients sourced primarily from California's Central Valley. We have a commercial kitchen in San Francisco's Bayview Neighborhood and sell our pies for pickup and delivery in San Francisco seven days a week, at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market every Saturday, and via select wholesale accounts throughout the Bay Area. We ship our nut pies nationally.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
ROLE DESCRIPTION: BAKING ASSISTANT
Our bakers are responsible for working as a team to produce the world's best pies, on time, under budget and at scale while maintaining a positive, transparent, and cooperative environment. As a Baking Assistant, you will learn to make pies (and also cookies, brownies and breakfast pastries) of superior quality quickly and efficiently, and will build good habits by engaging in the processes we set forth. Under the guidance of the Baking Operations Manager (and, in their absence, the Baking Leads and Bakers) you will be responsible for working to follow and improve our systems and processes. As a Baking Assistant, you will work under the guidance of our more experienced staff members for all tasks. We fabricate and sheet pie crust, make and fit graham cracker crusts, process a lot of fruit, mix custards, and bake and box lots of pies! We also make breakfast pastries and specialty dessert items for offices in the city. We work hard, but also like to have fun in the kitchen.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: KITCHEN ASSISTANT
Our Kitchen Assistants support our baking staff in producing and delivering high quality baked goods on time, under budget and at scale while maintaining a positive, transparent, and cooperative environment. As a Kitchen Assistant, you will complete the fulfillment of our orders quickly, accurately and efficiently. You will be responsible for correctly packaging our products, printing labels, packing up the truck, and delivering orders safely to our wholesale clients. You will also be responsible for efficiently and safely moving ingredients and products-in-process to and from our suppliers. You will build good habits by engaging in the processes we've set forth. Under the guidance of the baking managers (and, in their absence, the Baking Leads, Bakers, and Baking Assistants) you will be responsible for working to follow and improve our systems and processes. As a Kitchen Assistant, you will work under the guidance of our more experienced staff members for all tasks. We mise, mix, fabricate, bake and box lots of pies! We also make breakfast pastries and specialty dessert items for offices in the city. We work hard, but also like to have fun in the kitchen.
- MUST LOVE BAKED GOODS. No professional baking experience is necessary, but you must be comfortable working on a team and must be comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: You must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to follow directions and recipes.
- BASIC MATH SKILLS: All of the jobs in our kitchen require basic math.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You will be required to stand for the entire time you are working on production, and lift 25 to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
-SENSE OF URGENCY: You must work with speed. You will be working at first to learn the basic skills required to make our products, and within a few weeks you should be well on your way to achieving the timing and efficiency expectations we set forth.
- CLEAR COMMUNICATOR: Three Babes has a positive and collaborative culture, and you must be able to resolve problems, accept feedback, and communicate clearly in a positive way while remaining effective.
- SELF-STARTER: Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego and is ok with getting their hands dirty. A positive outlook and sense of humor are a must!
- RESPONSIBLE DRIVER: All sales staff and kitchen assistants are required to have a valid California Driver's License. We prefer baking assistant candidates who are willing/able to drive our Ford Transit Connect, as our kitchen team may need to run errands, pick up produce from the market, etc.
Knowledge of organic farming and agricultural issues, passion for food and baking a plus!
$15+ / hour, depending on experience
Full-time or Part-Time
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Please indicate if you're interested in the Baking Assistant role or the Kitchen Assistant