Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Executive Chef, you would be responsible for all activities in the Luke’s Local commissary kitchen and warehouse. The Chef will have a strong presence in the kitchen as well as a strong presence on the company management team. They will be responsible for all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, and food safety compliance. The Executive Chef must be able to complete all the tasks that are performed by their team members. This position requires you to be comfortable using technology on a daily basis (Google Suite, Monday Task Management, Revel POS, Slack, etc).
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Creating seasonal and holiday menus using seasonal produce, up-to-date cooking methods, historical data, and customer feedback
- Creating and testing recipes
- Hosting tastings and seeking recipe feedback
- Ensuring food cost goals are met through costing recipes in Revel POS system
- Ensure sourcing standards are in line with company values
- Adding products with all product descriptions, allergen information, ingredient lists, and recipes into the Revel POS system
- Direct manager to Sous Chef and Commissary Operations Manager
- Oversee labor budgets and scheduling administered by the Sous Chef
- Performing employee reviews and leading the kitchen management team on following proper HR protocols
- Maintaining food safety systems and holding the food safety team accountable for logging temperatures in the kitchen and the retail stores
- Ensuring daily HACCP protocols are being followed
- Overseeing accurate label creation and adherence to calling out the big 8 allergens
- Make buying decisions for the Prepared Foods department in the retail stores. Monitoring inventory levels and doing periodic physical counts
- Weekly in-store visits to consult on presentation and quality control of products on the shelves and in the deli case
- Forecasting sales and budgets every quarter
- Reporting weekly sales and waste
- Analyzing sales and waste trends to make decisions about the product offering.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Google Sheets
- Analyzing Profit & Loss statements
- Routinely handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs and tasks involve repetitive motions.
- Occasionally within the Bay Area between company locations
- Servsafe Managers Certification
- At least three years of commissary kitchen chef experience
- HACCP certification
- Preferred bilingual English/Spanish
Competitive salary and benefits package
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.